Basic study subjects
Found in 47 Collections and/or Records:
Archives of the Council of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, and of its predecessor body, Interfaculty Committee B, 1973 - 2010
The records cover the full range of operations.
The records relate chiefly to the managing of resources; that is, funding for equipment, buildings and staff. A smaller quantity of records cover faculty/departmental structure and organisation, academic focus and research projects.
Archives of the Course on Development and earlier and later development studies programmes, 1925 - 1982
The records comprise correspondence and papers, many relating to appointments.
The records relate mainly to staff, teaching and departmental buildings.
The records are largely concerned with the administration of the department and the teaching and examining of students.
The archives are patchy in their coverage of departmental affairs; the largest proportion being records of the building of the new laboratories on Lensfield Road, including photographs.
The records cover the full range of departmental operations, from delivery of the curriculum and examining to the building and expansion of departmental premises.
The earliest records relate to Woodward's will, estates and the administration of his fossil collection. From the 1880s, administrative records of the burgeoning Department of Geology, its teaching, examining, and students, survive alongside papers for the lengthy project to build the Sedgwick Museum. The archives also include the papers of Professor T. McKenny Hughes, Woodwardian Professor 1873-1917.
The archives comprise student attendance books, departmental and laboratory accounts and notes on students.
The coverage of departmental activities is limited. The majority of the records relate to Russian language courses provided for the armed services.
The archives cover the full range of departmental activities. They include extensive committee papers, facilities/buildings records and photographs of staff, students, VIP visitors, buildings and veterinary activities.
The majority of records cover faculty governance and administration.
The records cover the full range of operations,
The archives cover faculty governance, award of graduate degrees and accommodation.
Records document the full range of Faculty activity.
The records document the full range of institutional operations, from delivery of the curriculum and examining at undergraduate and graduate level to the making of appointments and promotions.
The records document the full range of institutional operations, from delivery of the curriculum and examining at undergraduate and graduate level, to design and upkeep of the faculty buildings. Papers on Tripos reform are particularly extensive. They include the papers of the Cambridge Historical Society.
The records document the full range of institutional operations from delivery of the curriculum to upkeep of the faculty buildings. They comprise the minutes and papers of various faculty committees and extensive subject files maintained by administrators.
The records relate largely to the administration of the department, its teaching programme and Tripos reform. A significant quantity of records document the work of faculty committees.
This collection of records assembled by John Willis Clark, documents the development of the former Botanic Garden in central Cambridge as the site - the New Museums site as it became known - for teaching and research in science subjects. Clark, who was Superintendent of the Museum of Zoology and Secretary of the Museums and Lecture Rooms Syndicate 1865-91, provided a contents list at the start of each volume. This has been transcribed in the descriptions below.
Minutes, agenda and papers of the Committee of Management, Department of Applied Economics, 1944 - 2003
Minutes of Boards of Studies, from 1926 known as Faculty Boards, may cover governance, appointments, budgets, curriculum development, examining and accommodation.
Minutes, agendas and papers of the Faculty Board of Oriental Languages, and its successor, 1948 - 1973
There are marginal annotations and related correspondence interfiled by Eric B. Ceadel.