Archives of the Faculty of Biology 'B', 1906 - 1992
Scope and Contents
The records cover the full range of operations,
- 1906 - 1992
Conditions Governing Access
The University Archives are generally freely available to the holder of a reader's ticket for the Department of Archives and Modern Manuscripts, Cambridge University Library, West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DR. Restrictions on access are imposed on certain categories of sensitive record: financial, governmental and personal, by order of the originating body or under data protection legislation. Access information, including opening hours and how to obtain a reader's ticket, appears as part of the Library's web site (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Biographical / Historical
Established under the new University statutes in 1926, the Faculty comprised the departments of Biochemistry, Experimental Psychology, Pathology and Physiology. The courses provided for natural scientists and medical students were expanded to include veterinary students from 1949. In 1996, a unified Faculty of Biology was created on amalgamation with the Faculty of Biology 'A'.
5 linear metre(s) : paper
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were transferred by the School of Biological Sciences in 1996-7.
The online catalogue was completed in October 2005 and emended in January 2006. Section N: confidential files - descriptions withheld from publication.
DateText: bulk 1944-92.
Faculty of Biology 'B'