Archives of the Department of Mineralogy and Petrology, 1891 - 1961
Scope and Contents
The archives comprise student attendance books, departmental and laboratory accounts and notes on students.
- 1891 - 1961
Conditions Governing Access
The University Archives are generally freely available to the holder of a reader's ticket for the Department of Archives and Modern Manuscripts, Cambridge University Library, West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DR. Restrictions on access are imposed on certain categories of sensitive record: financial, governmental and personal, by order of the originating body or under data protection legislation. Access information, including opening hours and how to obtain a reader's ticket, appears as part of the Library's web site (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Biographical / Historical
It was known as the Department of Mineralogy until 1931 when Petrology was added.
27 volume(s) : Paper
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The records were transferred to the University Archives by Dr R.C. Evans, Department of Mineralogy and Petrology, Downing Place, on 24 August 1977. The records are a permanent transfer to the University Archives.
This online catalogue was completed in 2002.
Department of Mineralogy and Petrology
Finding aid date
- From the Management Group: University of Cambridge (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org