'History of New Museums', 1716 - 1891
Scope and Contents
This collection of records assembled by John Willis Clark, documents the development of the former Botanic Garden in central Cambridge as the site - the New Museums site as it became known - for teaching and research in science subjects. Clark, who was Superintendent of the Museum of Zoology and Secretary of the Museums and Lecture Rooms Syndicate 1865-91, provided a contents list at the start of each volume. This has been transcribed in the descriptions below.
- 1716 - 1891
Conditions Governing Access
The University Archives are generally freely available to the holder of a reader's ticket for the Department of Archives and Modern Manuscripts, Cambridge University Library, West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DR. Restrictions on access are imposed on certain categories of sensitive record: financial, governmental and personal, by order of the originating body or under data protection legislation. Access information, including opening hours and how to obtain a reader's ticket, appears as part of the Library's web site (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Biographical / Historical
John Willis Clark was Registrary, 1891-1910.
2 volume(s) (2 guard books) : paper
Language of Materials
The online catalogue was completed in August 2005.
Finding aid date
- From the Management Group: University of Cambridge (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com