New South Wales (state)
Found in 1174 Collections and/or Records:
210 x 147 mm. A side view of the completed bridge with the river in full spate.
220 x 183 mm. Information given states '2 spans of 140 feet each (McCallum Truss), stone piers, 4 approach spans, total length 410 feet'. A view of the completed bridge from the river bank, with one large central stone pier, and a wooden superstructure.
148 x 128 mm. An oval print of a pier under construction, with workers standing on the pier and showing pulleys, ropes and a plank bridge to the bank.
264 x 206 mm. General view from the street of the brewery premises, with the malt house at the rear.
280 x 225 mm. A view looking down on a ford, crossed by a small plank bridge. Location unidentified.
A river scene showing a path leading down to a ford, with a herd of cattle in the river and horsemen and a pony trap.
[Among dead trees in paddock].
200 x 150 mm.
208 x 95 mm. A view of part of the Royal Window, donated by John Henry Challis, and set in the North-West Recess, which depicts the Kings and Queens of England.
261 x 198 mm. View of a small church or chapel in Gothic style on the corner of two unidentified streets. The pencilled caption is difficult to decipher and the above title is tentative.
205 x 134 mm. An exterior view of the cluster of small classrooms.
204 x 151 mm. A view of one wall of the lecture room, covered with printed material and illustrations.
A view from the gardens behind, looking through trees and shrubs towards the building, taken from the junction of Macquarie and Bridge Streets. The building now houses the Department of Works.
276 x 200 mm. View looking north along George Street South towards the west end of Christ Church St Laurence, a Gothic revival building of sandstone built between 1843 and 1845 to designs by Henry Robertson and under the supervision of Edmund Blacket.
153 x 203 mm. Mounted print, mount stamped 'Henry King, Sydney'. A view of a tree in the Botanic Gardens. Handwritten caption on reverse of mount reads 'Chrysophyllum Imperiale Benth. Native of the West Indies and Brazil. Planted by H.R.H. the late Duke of Edinburgh in the Sydney Botanic Gardens in 1868. Photographed 1901'.
274 x 212 mm. View of Wentworth House Private Boarding Establishment, a two storeyed verandahed building on Church Hill. The two other houses in the block, without the elaborate cast-iron verandahs but with similar porches supported on Ionic columns, form part of the same terrace.
270 x 212 mm. View looking along the row of warehouses facing the Circular Quay, with Talbot's Wool Stores in the centre of the group.
274 x 208 mm. View of warehouses on the Circular Quay. In the left background are the massive premises of Mort and Co., with the warehouses of Harrison, Jones and Devlin and Maiden, Hill and Co. in the foreground.
190 x 140 mm. A view from the west side of the quay, looking over Sydney Cove to the east side, and showing Government House, Fort Macquarie and Fort Denison.
A view of the curving road on the south side of the Circular Quay looking west with numerous trams. Wharves and shipping (not visible) are to the right of the picture.
288 x 142 mm. (2 prints joined). A panoramic view of the Circular Quay, taken from the roof of the Customs House and looking towards the north side of the harbour. The steam paddle boats in the foreground are the harbour ferry service, and the ships moored on the east and west side of the quay are cargo vessels and passenger ships.
A view looking across this broad river, which rises on the foothills of the Macpherson Range just south of the Queensland-New South Wales border, and flows SE for 245 miles. With a road in the foreground and farms on either side of the river.