Private and confidential letters from Singapore to Hong Kong, 1954-1978
Scope and Contents
Copies of private and confidential letters from Henry Waugh & Co. Ltd, Henry Waugh Ltd Jardine Waugh Ltd and Jardine, Matheson & Co, Ltd, Singapore, to Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, with enclosed letters and papers. The correspondents are A.D. Angus, I.F. Aucott, H.D.M. Barton, Boon Yoon Chiang, D.I. Bosanquet, Chan U Seek, R. Gordon, D.A.H. Hardy, M.A.R. Herries, J.A. Heywood, F.M.V. Johnstone, H.N.L. Keswick, L.E.C. Letts, Miss M.N.Y. Liew, R.D.P. Michell, D.K. Newbigging, R.B. Polk, E.F. Watts and H.A. Waugh.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
5 file(s) (5 ring-binders)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 15 September 2015.
Existence and Location of Originals
The originals of the letters, belonging to Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, can be found in J4/10 (1954-1956), J4/16 (1957), J4/17 (1958-1970), J4/42/1 (1971), J4/42/3-5 (1972-1974), J4/55 (1975) and J4/59 (1976-1978).
- Angus, Andrew Drummond, 1921-2013 (businessman)
- Aucott, Ian Frank, 1916-1991 (businessman)
- Barton, Hugh David MacEwen, 1911-1989 (businessman)
- Bosanquet, David Ives, 1914-1988 (businessman)
- Chan, U Seek, 1925-2009 (businessman)
- Chiang, Boon Yoon, b 1935 (businessman)
- Gordon, Robert, 1900-1965 (businessman)
- Hardy, Derek Alexander Hamilton, b 1940 (accountant)
- Herries, Michael Alexander Robert Young-, 1923-1995 (Knight, businessman)
- Heywood, John Axson, b 1937 (businessman)
- Jardine Matheson Holdings (SEA) Ltd
- Johnstone, Fitzroy Montague Veitch, b 1922 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir Henry Neville Lindley, b 1938 (Knight, businessman)
- Letts, Lionel Edgar Charles, 1918-2013 (businessman)
- Michell, Rodney Drake Palmer, b 1943 (businessman)
- Newbigging, David Kennedy, b 1934
- Polk, Robert Brand, b 1944
- Watts, Erik Francis, 1904-1984 (businessman)
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org