Found in 466 Collections and/or Records:
387 x 234 mm. A view of china and glassware laid out on tables in the Belgian Court.
290 x 234 mm. A view showing display cases in the foreground filled with miscellaneous small articles, and Limoges china on wooden stands in the background.
187 x 133 mm. Showing the farm and outbuildings of a sheep station near Elphinstone with a flock of sheep in the foreground.
184 x 129 mm. A view of Charing Cross, situated at the west end of Pall Mall, with Bath Corner at the left and the City Hotel in the centre.
180 x 126 mm. A view looking down on this suburb of Bendigo, showing the Wesleyan Church in the centre, with small houses and businesses grouped around it.
185 x 128 mm. A view looking up Mitchell Street from near St Paul’s Church, towards Charing Cross (marked by the lamp in the centre of the crossroads).
179 x 124 mm. A view of the hill with men and women posing in the foreground, among small domestic houses, and mine workings on the hill beyond. The key identifies the following: Abe Lincoln Crushing Plant, Mr. Lansell’s Residence, Mr. Lazarus’ Residence, Lazarus Co. Claim, Old Chum Claim.
188 x 134 mm. A view looking along the valley towards the Sailors’ Creek Falls (dry in this photograph) near Dylesford.
179 x 124 mm. A general view from north Sandhurst looking south towards Pall Mall and St Paul’s Church.
187 x 129 mm. A view looking over the rooftops, with Pall Mall crossing the picture in the middle distance. Buildings identified in the key are St. James’ Hall, Orderly Room, Beehive Exchange and Stores, St. Paul’s Church, Warden’s Court and the Temperance Hall.
178 x 124 mm. A view looking down on the cemetery with the Mortuary Chapel to the right, a monument to Burke and Wills in the graveyard, and the sexton’s lodge beyond. The monument was erected in 1862, the year after the explorers’ deaths.
179 x 125 mm. A view looking over a crowded commercial part of the town, with a coach works in the foreground. Locations identified in the key are: Roman Catholic Church, Odd Fellows Hall, Road to Huntly in the distance.
186 x 129 mm. A view along an unsurfaced road towards the centre of the town. Part of Pall Mall is visible at the left of the picture. Buildings identified in the key are Beehive Chambers, Rotunda, City of Sandhurst Claim, City Hotel, Ross, Henderson and Fick’s, Jackson, Ironmongers; Bank of Victoria, Bank of New South Wales, Post Office.
133 x 186 mm. Showing a portion of the sheer cliff face. The Hanging Rock is situated about five miles in a north-easterly direction from the railway Station at Wooden.
178 x 124 mm. A view looking along the line towards the tunnel, with embankments on either side. The tunnel, on the Murray River Railway from Melbourne to Bendigo, was opened in 1862. The text below the photograph reads ‘The length of this Tunnel is about half-a-mile through the Hill’.
188 x 133 mm. A view looking across wooded hills towards the town of Ballan. The township of Ballan is situated near the Bullarook Forest, and is distant about twenty miles from Ballarat.
188 x 133 mm. A view looking down over young trees towards the main street and small wooden houses of Fernshawe, with wooded hillside in the background. Fernshawe (modern spelling Fernshaw) lies at the foot of the Black Spur, surrounded by Mounts Riddell, Juliet and Monda.
View on the River Murray, near Echuca, showing the Railway Wharf with steamers unloading, 1877 - 1879
187 x 133 mm. A view looking along the riverbank with a moored steamer, the ‘Corrong’, in the foreground and a locomotive, wharves and warehouses beyond.
177 x 124 mm. A view of Charing Cross, at the junction of Pall Mall and Mitchell Street, taken from the south-eastern corner of the cross-roads. With figures posing around the central lamp post, and with the Oriental Hotel in the background.
390 x 274 mm. A view looking over gardens and backyards towards open land in south Melbourne. The sea can be seen at the right of the print as well as parts of the suburbs of South Melbourne and St. Kilda.
176 x 123 mm. A view looking south-east from the tower and showing the railway station, the goods shed, and the locomotive shed, with Quarry Hill in the distance. Bendigo was connected to Melbourne by rail in October 1862.
179 x 124 mm. A view looking over a city block, with wide streets on either side, and the outlying parts of the city beyond. Locations identified in the key are: Three Arch Bridge, Garsed Street, Whipstick Hill, Big Hill Ranges in the distance, Stewart and Degraves Flour Mill, Wills Street.
388 x 273 mm. A view looking over commercial premises, small factories and warehouses towards Hobson’s Bay in the distance. In the middle ground of the print the masts of ships moored in the Coode Canal and the River Yarra can be seen.