Skip to main content

View of Sandhurst Cemetery at Back creek, 1875

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3087C/30

Scope and Contents

178 x 124 mm. A view looking down on the cemetery with the Mortuary Chapel to the right, a monument to Burke and Wills in the graveyard, and the sexton’s lodge beyond. The monument was erected in 1862, the year after the explorers’ deaths.


  • Creation: 1875


Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials


Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements

Poor condition.

Finding aid date

2014-07-28 10:59:35+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom