Skip to main content

View of the Railway Tunnel through the Big Hill, Near Mt. Herbert, 1875

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3087C/39

Scope and Contents

178 x 124 mm. A view looking along the line towards the tunnel, with embankments on either side. The tunnel, on the Murray River Railway from Melbourne to Bendigo, was opened in 1862. The text below the photograph reads ‘The length of this Tunnel is about half-a-mile through the Hill’.


  • Creation: 1875


Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials


Finding aid date

2014-07-28 11:51:07+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom