- keyword(s): dining group
Showing Results: 1 - 25 of 70
Two letters to Rosemary Murray from K L Wood-Legh, President of the Dining Group [Society of Women Members of the Regent House who are not Fellows of Colleges, later Lucy Cavendish College], concerning the possibility of New Hall supervisors attending Dining Group dinners.
'Dame Myra's correspondence before meeting 30 July 1952, particularly with Dining Group', 1952-04 - 1952-07
Correspondence chiefly between Dame Myra Curtis (chairman of the Third Foundation Association) and Dr Anna Bidder (chairman of Committee 'A' of the Dining Group), and E W Parsons.
Volume recording name of fellow; fellowship title, dining group, relevant committee minute and period of tenancy.
Includes letters from Lord (Roy) Jenkins of Hillhead, Nigel Lawson and Dr David Owen
Includes letters from the Earl of Stockton (Harold Macmillan) and Neil Kinnock's office
Includes letters from: Gordon Brown, Denis Healey, John Major, John Smith and Margaret Thatcher
Includes letters from: Paddy Ashdown, Anthony Barber, Tony Blair, "Peter" [Lord Carrington], John Major, John Smith, David Steel; and lists of dinner guests and members of the Group from 1968-93
'Statement by the Society of Women Members of the Regent House who are not Fellows of Colleges': 7pp typescript. (This statement, published in the Cambridge University Reporter of 18 May 1962, is critical of the March 1962 report of the Bridges Syndicate [GCPP Needham 2/4/6] and argues for the collegiate scheme presented in the Dining Group's Memorandum [GCPP Needham 2/4/5].) Dorothy Needham's is one of eighteen names of Dining Group members appended at the end of the statement.
File contains minutes and papers of meetings July - September 1952; also 'Draft Proposals for a new Women's Foundation at Cambridge University', 3pp typescript, 22 July 1952.
File contains 'Memorandum submitted by the Society of Women Members', 5pp duplicated typescript draft, 8 December 1960, and 6pp ?final version. [The Memorandum was prepared for the Syndicate established by the University 'to report on any ways in which they think that the relations between the University and the Colleges could be improved'. The Memorandum pressed for recognition of the Society as a collegiate body.]
Mainly notes made for MT by Adam Butler MP (her Parliamentary Private Secretary). MT attended occasionally.
File contains minutes of meetings March and November 1953; also 'An Open Letter to the Dining Club of Women Members of the Regent House who are not Fellows of Colleges, containing suggestions for a Five-Year Policy' - 8pp typescript, compiled by Margaret Masterman (Braithwaite), 15 February 1953.
File contains minutes and papers of meetings March - May 1952; also a 3pp typescript draft, with ms annotations, by Dorothy Needham on the Dining Group's involvement in moves towards a third foundation for women in Cambridge: the narrative begins with an informal meeting held at Downing College in January 1949 by invitation of Lady Whitby to discuss the matter of a third women's college.
Showing the dining room in Government House, with the table set for 14 diners.
Contains slides showing scenes in the house and gardens of John Ewart Marnham's residence just outside Castries. They include slides of the very attractive views from the garden and a series of aerial views taken at varying heights in May 1972. This section concludes with photographs of members of the domestic staff taken just before Marnham left St Lucia (dated Oct 72 nos 18-25). Slides have been renumbered but arrangement in the file remains as per the original typescript catalogue.
Cambridge University reporter, Tuesday 13 March 1962, comprising Report of the Syndicate on the Relationship between the University and the Colleges [the Bridges Syndicate].
The category - Student administration and support records - comprises records relating to student admissions at all levels, graduate students, visiting senior scholars, student careers advice and welfare, together with the records of clubs and societies.
Contains Ektachromes with frames made in England (except 516A). Apart from the maps, all are numbered by Marnham. The maps are: numbers 15-17 three views of a map of the Pacific and numbers 18-19 two views of a map of the Western Pacific. Numbers 103, 105, 108, 111, 116, 212, 318, 406, 503, 504 and 519 are listed as missing with no attempt to catalogue them as they contain no further details.
- Cambridge University Library 27
- Churchill Archives Centre 17
- Girton College Archive 15
- Murray Edwards College (New Hall Archive) 6
- Darwin College Archives 1
- Needham Research Institute 1
- University of Cambridge: Faculty of Classics Archives 1
- Lucy Cavendish College Archive 1
- Archive Centre, King's College, Cambridge 1 ∧ less
- ARCHON code (for CUL materials)
- University Archives (GBR/0265) 14
- Royal Commonwealth Soc. (GBR/0115) 6
- Royal Greenwich Observatory (GBR/0180) 4
- Archives and MSS Dept. (GBR/0012) 3
- Archival Object 67
- Collection 2
- Repository 1
- Clubs 3
- Dinners and dining 2
- Guadalcanal (island) 2
- Guadalcanal (province) 2
- Maravovo (inhabited place) 2
- Meals 2
- North and Central America (continent) 2
- Oceania (continent) 2
- Solomon Islands (island group) 2
- Solomon Islands (nation) 2
- West Indies (archipelago) 2
- Academic teaching personnel 1
- Administration of justice 1
- Bahama Islands (island group) 1
- Bahamas (nation) 1
- British Isles (island group) 1
- Castries (region) 1
- Caterers 1
- England (country) 1
- Europe (continent) 1
- Graduate students 1
- Great Britain (island) 1
- Industrial policy 1
- Jacobitism 1
- Lesser Antilles (island group) 1
- Littlehampton (inhabited place) 1
- Nassau (inhabited place) 1
- New Providence (island) 1
- Northern Ireland 1
- Oxford 1
- Politics 1
- Rhodesia 1
- Saint Lucia (nation) 1
- Social participation 1
- United Kingdom (nation) 1
- University courts 1
- Urban life 1
- West Sussex (county) 1
- Windward Islands (island group) 1 ∧ less
- English 66
- Latin 1
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman) 1
- Bernard, Sir Dallas Gerald Mercer, 1888-1975 (1st Baronet, businessman) 1
- Bryson, Hugh Patterson, 1898 - 1977 1
- China Sugar Refining Co Ltd 1
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman) 1
- Landale, David, 1868-1935 (businessman) 1
- Maura, Frederic, fl1956 - 1960 (photographer) 1
- Ridley, Nicholas, 1929 - 1993 (Baron Ridley of Liddesdale, politician) 1
- Roberts, Leslie, fl1970 (photographer) 1
- Ross, Charles Henderson, 1864-1919 (businessman) 1
- University of Cambridge. Ambarum 1
- University of Cambridge. Friday Club 1
- University of Cambridge. The Family 1
- University of Cambridge. University Centre 1 ∧ less