Murray Edwards College (New Hall Archive)
The New Hall Archive at Murray Edwards College contains the corporate and administrative records of the third women's college to be founded at the University of Cambridge as well as the personal papers of its founder, Dame Rosemary Murray. Its holdings include material on the Third Foundation Association, the work of noted modernist architects Chamberlin, Powell and Bon and on The Orchard, formerly a Darwin family home.
Access arrangements: The archive is open 9.30-12.30am and 1.30-5pm Mondays to Fridays and prospective visitors should make an appointment in advance. A University Card or other proof of ID is required, but no letter of introduction is necessary. There is a £5 daily fee for photography.
Please note that New Hall was founded in 1954 then renamed as Murray Edwards College in 2008.
Archivist, Rosemary Murray Library
Murray Edwards College
Cambridge CB3 0DF United Kingdom
+44 (0)1223 762297