Private and confidential letters from London to Singapore, 1955-1975 (1955 and 1957-1975)
Scope and Contents
Copies of private and confidential letters from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, to Henry Waugh & Co. Ltd, Henry Waugh Ltd, Jardine Waugh Ltd and Jardine, Matheson & Co. Ltd, Singapore, with enclosed letters and papers. The correspondents are D.I. Bosanquet, J.G. Curtis, H. Flint, M.A.R. Herries, J.A. Heywood, F.M.V. Johnstone, J.H. Keswick, W.J. Keswick, L.E.C. Letts, D.S. Middleditch, A. Reid, Sir H. Trevelyan and E.F. Watts.
- 1955-1975 (1955 and 1957-1975)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 folder(s) (1 folder)
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 15 September 2015.
Existence and Location of Copies
The copies of the letters belonging to Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, can be found in J4/16 (1955 and 1957), J4/17 (1958-1971), J4/43 (1972), J4/45 (1973), J4/48 (1974) and J4/51 (1975).
- Bosanquet, David Ives, 1914-1988 (businessman)
- Curtis, John Gilbert, b 1932
- Flint, Hugh, b 1895 (businessman)
- Herries, Michael Alexander Robert Young-, 1923-1995 (Knight, businessman)
- Heywood, John Axson, b 1937 (businessman)
- Jardine Matheson Holdings (SEA) Ltd
- Johnstone, Fitzroy Montague Veitch, b 1922 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- Letts, Lionel Edgar Charles, 1918-2013 (businessman)
- Middleditch, David Seton, 1923-1992 (businessman)
- Reid, Alan, 1911-1993 (businessman)
- Trevelyan, Sir Humphrey, 1908-1985 (Baron Trevelyan, diplomat)
- Watts, Erik Francis, 1904-1984 (businessman)
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com