Semi-official letters from London to Singapore, 1954-1968
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official letters from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, to Henry Waugh & Co. Ltd, Singapore, Henry Waugh (Singapore) Ltd, Jardine Waugh (Singapore) Ltd and Jardine Waugh (Malaya) Ltd, Singapore, with enclosed letters and papers. The correspondents are A.D. Angus, D.I. Bosanquet, H. Flint, D.C. Geddes, F.M.V. Johnstone, J.H. Keswick, W.J. Keswick, L.E.C. Letts, D.S. Middleditch, A. Reid, W.E.D. Smith, Sir H. Trevelyan, H.A. Waugh and E.F. Watts.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
11 file(s) (11 ring-binders)
2 envelope(s) (2 envelopes)
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Copies
J1/161 (1954) and J1/152 (1955-1969) include copies of the semi-official letters from London to Singapore.
- Angus, Andrew Drummond, 1921-2013 (businessman)
- Bosanquet, David Ives, 1914-1988 (businessman)
- Flint, Hugh, b 1895 (businessman)
- Geddes, David Campbell, 1917-1995 (businessman)
- Jardine Matheson Holdings (SEA) Ltd
- Johnstone, Fitzroy Montague Veitch, b 1922 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- Letts, Lionel Edgar Charles, 1918-2013 (businessman)
- Middleditch, David Seton, 1923-1992 (businessman)
- Reid, Alan, 1911-1993 (businessman)
- Smith, William Elder Drummond, 1892-1957 (businessman)
- Trevelyan, Sir Humphrey, 1908-1985 (Baron Trevelyan, diplomat)
- Watts, Erik Francis, 1904-1984 (businessman)
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org