Found in 941 Collections and/or Records:
Grant to Gilbert de Whittlewood, tanner, and his wife, Elena, of a messuage with buildings between a tenement of Master Thomas Dowerfield and a tenement of little William Miller and extending from the high road to Swinecroft [perhaps next to house C]., 1308-10-04
Witnesses: John Dunning, mayor; Robert Tuliet junior; John Culling; James Godlamb; Roger de Costesesye, bailiffs; Peter de Berningham; Robert de Comberton; John Robillard; Hugh Faber and William Glathewyne [Gladwyn].
Grant to Gilbert Thorgor and Peter Nayland, clerks, of a vacant plot of land., 1415-11-20
The plot is between a messuage once John Refham's and the highway and abuts on land of CCCC and on a messuage of Walter Cotton.
Witnesses: John Bilney; Simon Bentybow; John Meteham, draper; John Weston; Roger Falcon.
Grant to God and the Gild of St Mary of an acre of arable land in Barnwell, 1267 - 1288
The land lies between land of the Prior of Barnwell and land formerly of William Balsich (?) and abuts on land of Sterisbrigge [Sturbridge].
Witnesses: John Martin, mayor; Roger de Weathersfield; John Perrin; Simon de Bradley; Reginald de Comberton, bailiffs; John Buth; William Eliot; John Franceys; Nicholas Aurifaber; William Marbys.
Grant to God, the BVM and the Knights Templar in England of an annual rentcharge of 6d in Weston [Weston Colville] with homage and the tenement of Ralph son of Toni which they used to pay to him., 1250 - 1320
The grant is for the health of his soul and those of his forebears and descendants.
The tenement lies in Weston fields between land of Richard Logman (N) and land of John Toni (S) and abuts (W) on land of Simon son of Warin.
Witnesses: Adam . . .; John de Gloez; John del Hill; Richard his brother; Henry Bacun; Robert Curteys; William Curteys; Richard son of Reiner; Humphry . . . lgate; Alan le Curteys; William de Camera; Richard Pain
Grant to Godefrey de Hauxton, merchant, and Hawisia his wife of a tenement between the tenement of Matilda del Solde and the lane leading to the 'Glomeria' and abutting on the king's highway and on a tenement once Gilbert Bernard's., 1288-07-11
Witnesses: John Martin, mayor; Robert de Shelford; Reginald de Comberton; John de Braunketre; John Pawe, bailiffs; Humfrey de Costessey; Geoffrey le Ferur; Robert de Madingley; Alan de Hinton; Robert le Walsh.
Grant to Godfrey Seman of a river meadow with vines and trees with free access via the lane which leads from the said holm and from the messuage of Laurence Seman and Agnes his wife to the King's highway., 1308-02-15
The holm lies next to the King's Ditch ('Regia alta aqua') and is ditched on the other three sides.
Witnesses: John Dunning, mayor; Richard Dunning; Robert his son; Walter Bindebere; Michael Woolward.
Grant to Godin son of Lady Helen de Beche of the guardianship of Gilbert son of Aelward de Beche with all his lands and properties for a yearly payment of a pair of gilt spurs worth 6d., 1247 - 1260
Grant to Godwin de Ditton, burgess, and Basilia his wife, of land which he had by gift and enfeoffment from Cassandra his mother., 1270 - 1307
Grant to Gregory son of Julian of a messuage between the land of Hervey son of Brithnot and the land of Henry V ivien at an annual rent of 18d at two terms,., 1210 - 1240
The messuage had been given to Ely in free alms by Simon, son of Hugh of Kirtling.
Witnesses: Bartholomew, chaplain of Cambridge; Hervey Gogginge Eustace de Wimpole; Richard his brother; Reginald son of Alfred; John his son; Simon his son.
Grant to Guy le Spicer and Simon de Refham, burgesses, of an annual rent-charge of 8d payable by the brethren and sisters of the gild of the Blessed Mary on a tenement., 1312-06-26
The rent-charge which William holds by feoffment of John Wombe is on a tenement between a messuage of Eudo de Elpringham and a messuage of Thomas de Branketre.
Witnesses: William de Comberton; John Morice; John Pawe; John Culling; William Thurrock.
Grant to Helen Sherewind and Margaret her daughter of all tenements in the parishes of St Botolph and St Benedict received after the death of his mother, Joan ad Aquam, once Margaret Bracy's., 1301-07-02
Witnesses: Simon de Stockton, mayor; Walater Cole; Philip de Comberton; Richard de Bottisham; Robert de Comberton, bailiff; Bartholomew Gogging; Robert de Hinton; William de Leeds; William Holay; Walter de Caston.
Grant to Helen Sherewind of a messuage between one of the same Helen and one of Margaret Sherewind and abutting on the highway., 1240 - 1250
Witnesses: John Dunning, mayor; Bartholomew Gogging; John de Branketre; William Faber; Nicholas Barefoot; Robert Madefrey; Walter de Caston
Grant to Henry Allen of Barton, Richard Howysson of Comberton and Nicholas son of Henry Aunger of Barton of 9 acres and 1 rood in Barton [being the same lands as described in 32, less the 3 roods at Howsdole)., 1424-02-24
Witnesses: John Somery; Thomas Lacy; Roger Stonard; John Sweyn; John Reyner of Barton.
Grant to Henry Aunger junior and Richard Rolff of Barton of 2 acres of arable as in 26 which came to him by inheritance on the death of his said father., 1458-06-05
Witnesses: Nicholas Aunger of Barton, Robert Fan; Richard Freeman; Henry Aunger.
Grant to Henry de Barton of an annual quit rent of one penny from a tenement lying between land of Leo son of Adam and land of Henry Hyrp., 1275 - 1290
Witnesses: Robert de Sancto Edmundo; Leo son of Adam; John de Barton; John Portehors; William de Pickering; Eustace Eldcorn; Peter Curteys; Richard son of Yvo; Robert Vivien; Richard Hoppecarne; Roger son of Warin; John Aldred; Henry Hyrp.
Grant to Henry de Baules of half an acre of wood with covered ways (speluncis) and hedges granted to Geoffrey by Richard son of William. Rent: 6d; gersuma: 2½ marks., 1280 - 1310
The wood lies lengthwise next to the messuage of the said Henry to the east and abuts on the King's highway.
Witnesses: Richard butler of the lord's fee; Ralph de Furnell; William de Furnell; Robert de Sareners; Geoffrey his son; Richard Grey; Peter son of William'; William his brother; Jordan de Horemad; Stephen his son; Hamon son of William; Robert de Sanford; John son of Reginald; Richard son of Maurice; William de Storteford, clerk, scribe.
Grant to Henry de Brunne and Margaret his wife of a messuage which he had from William de Garton (see X 4.b)., 1336-12-11
The messuage lies next to a messuage of the said Henry (N) and a messuage once Simon Bernard's (S) and stretches from the king's highway to a messuage of John White.
Witnesses: Richard Tuliet, mayor; Benedict Pittock; John de Barnton; John Baron; Richard Martin, bailiff; John Morice; Simon de R[efham]; John Pilat; John Pittock.
Grant to Henry de Brunne, burgess, and Margaret his wife of a messuage in St Mary's parish and 2 acres of arable land in Carmefield., 1337-04-24
Grant to Henry de Brunne, burgess, and Margaret his wife of annual rent of 40s for life from a messuage held of the gift of the said Henry and Margaret., 1346-09-27
The messuage is between Glomery Lane and a tenement once John de Trumpington's and abuts on a tenement of Henry de Beche and on the king's highway.
Witnesses: Richard Tuliet, mayor; Adam de Bungay; Henry de Beche; William de Sledemere; Richard le Tableter; John de Pocklington.
Grant to Henry de Tangmere and Amphles his wife of a messuage [House F] once the property of Master Robert de Winwick., 1347-07-30
The messuage extends lengthwise from the highway to the curtilage of Robert de Comberton and lies between a messuage of Master Robert de Brigham, clerk, and a messuage of Robert de Comberton.
Witnesses: Philip Cayly, mayor; William de Lolworth; Henry de Middleton; Richard de Thaxted; Geoffrey de Ware, bailiffs; John de Weston; Daniel de Felsted; William White; John de Wistow
Grant to Henry de Tangmere and John de Barnwell, burgesses, of a messuage as in 58, 60, and 61, 1347-11-05
Witnesses: Robert de Brigham, mayor; Philip Cayly; Daniel de Felsted; John de Wistow; Thomas Hulme.
Grant to Henry de Tangmere and others as co-feoffees for CCCC, of a tenement as in 09/9/58, etc.)., 1355-11-16
Tangmere's fellow feoffees are: Thomas Banastre, parson of Lambhyche [Landbeach], Walter de Segdeford, vicar of St Edward's, Cambridge, and Henry de Middleton.
Witnesses: Stephen, son of John Morice, mayor; John Morice; John de London; Simon de Sleaford, bailiff; Richard de Arderne; John de Byntre; John Freng'
Grant to Henry de Tangmere, burgess, of 3 acres of arable land in separate parcels in Newnham crofts, 1349-01-13
Half an acre lies next to the highway and to land of John de Brunne and abuts on the highway; two half acres lie between land of John de Brunne and land of the heirs of Roger Amper and abut on the highway; one and a half acres lie between land of Thomas of Cambridge and land of Sir Bartholomew de Burghwash and abut on the highway.
Witnesses: John Buller; Richard With; Hugh le Eyre; John Pratt; William Seband.
Grant to Henry de Tangmere, burgess, of a messuage in Mylne Street and a place with three shops (as in 63 and 65., 1345-12-10
Witnesses: Richard Tuliet, mayor; Hervey Pilat; John de Baldock; John de Comberton; John de Berney, bailiffs; Henry de Beche; Robert de Cottenham; William de Wight; Nicholas de Bradenhach; Henry de Brunne; William Wind.
Note on dorse: . . . De ten' in melnestrat' super cornar' ad ploteslane
Grant to Henry de Tangmere, burgess, of a messuage in Newnham as in 16, &c., and 30., 1351-12-30
Witnesses: William de Horwode, mayor; Richard Morice; Daniel de Felsted; Robert Martin; John de Cottenham; John Laurence; William de Coton.