Skip to main content

Cambridge, St John's parish deeds, 1230-11 - 1437-11

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/16 C

Scope and Contents

The church of St John Zachary, or John the Baptist, stood in Milne Street. It was demolished in 1446 to make way for King's College.
The most important college property in the parish was in Segrim's Lane (Plote's Lane) and the majority of deeds, after 41, relate to this, (1, 35, 41-44, etc.). Other holdings include one or two properties from the family of John le Clerk to Peter son of Ralph (4, 5, 7, 10); a property next to St John Zachary's churchyard (to the Vicar, Simon de Berton: 2, 2.1, 6, 26-34); a property of the Wlward [Woolward] family (8.a-e, 9, 12,19, 20, 24); and another pair, coming to the Wombe/Comber family, on the site of Gonville and Caius College (3, 13-15, 21, 22,25, 40. (CPH)


  • Creation: 1230-11 - 1437-11


3 archive box(es) (3 boxes)

Language of Materials


Former / Other Reference




Finding aid date

2005-02-16 14:43:32+00:00

Repository Details

Part of the Corpus Christi College Archives Repository

Corpus Christi College
Trumpington Street
Cambridge CB2 1RH United Kingdom