Found in 941 Collections and/or Records:
Grant by royal licence to the Master and Scholars of CCCC of 3 messuages, 31 acres of land and 8 acres of meadow., 1411-08-10
Witnesses: John Herrys; Nicholas Morice; John Burgoyn; Roger Warde; John atte Lane.
The licence in mortmain is at CCCC09/3/1.
Grant by virtue of the will to Henry de Beche, burgess and tanner, of a messuage between a tenement once of Robert Womb and a tenement once of the said Simon de Refham deceased., 1335-03-19
The will was proved in Cambridge Guildhall before Richard Tuliet, mayor; Geoffrey de Lynn; John Pittock senior, John de Toft,John de Weston, Daniel de Felsted, John de Newton, and Thomas de Chadenhall.
Witnesses: Richard Tuliet, mayor; Benedict Pittock; John de Barrington; John Baron; William Martin, bailiffs; John de Weston; Daniel de Felsted; Robert Martin; Henry de Brunne
Grant confirming to Thomas Wyth the reversion of all lands, rents and tenements as in the last., 1342-07-01
Witnesses: Phlip Cayly, mayor; Edmund de Ovington; John Arnald; John Vavasour; Robert de Weton, bailiff; John de Toft; John de Thorp; Henry de Middleton; Robert de Quy; Thomas Joachim; Robert atte Church.
Note on dorse of delivery of seisin.
Grant for life to John Beche and Joan his wife of one messuage (as in 26) at an annual rent of 20s., 1332-02-24
Witnesses: John Pilet, mayor; Gilbert de London; Simon Bernard; Robert de Tichewell; Daniel de Felsted, bailiff; John Morice; John de Weston.
Witnesses: Robert de Brigham, mayor; Thomas de Wells; Robert Martin; Daniel de Felsted; Henry de Beche, bailiff; Robert de Cottenham; John de Pocklington; Roger de Islip.
Grant in frank almoin of or lands, premises and rent in Cambridge to Corpus Christi College, 1449-03-20
viz. a tenement, one parcel of ground in Cambridge, four cottages in Newnham, a house with a garden in Bridge Street, Cambridge, and an annual rent of three shillings from a tenement in Trumpington Street (neighbours and/or tenants specified.
The land lies in Fulboarndonneffeld between land of the parson of Hinton and land of Philip Mason of Hinton and abuts W on the highway leading to [ ].
Witnesses: Richard Chaumberleyn; Philip Mason of Hinton; Robert Ellis; John Modderyng; Simon Martin; Roger Diner.
Grant of 3 acres and one rood in Methwold to John Young and Robert Roose, both of Methwold, for an annual obit, with Placebo, Dilexi and Mass, for his father Thomas and his forebears., 1529-08-31
Grant of a messuage and two acres in Cambridge field to Richard son of Thomas, nephew of the Prior of Wells, on his marriage to Margaret, daughter of Henry., 1293
Grant of a messuage with buildings and of one acre in the vill of Whittlesford Bridge to Warin son of John Hoblyne of Shelford and Alex' his wife, daughter of the grantor. Gersuma: 40s. Annual fee of one peppercorn, 1280 - 1350
Grant of a piece of land in Great Wilbraham to John de Dunton and Helewys Braciaeric his mother, 1331-02-24 - 1331-03-03
The land lies in the field called Wexehesfeld next to land of Robert le Paumier on one side, abutting on Le Middlefield and extending to Hildersham Way.
Witnesses: Adam de Lelenetot; John clericus; John Geffrye; Henry le Palmer; John Derby; Edward son of Alan ad Pontem; Edmund de Hulme
The selion lies in 'le Coppene Aker' between land of Roger Atchurch [atte Church] (ad Ecclesiam) and land of William de Mareys and abuts on land of John de Mesk called Horeborouhauedlond. Feudal due: a halfpenny.
Witnesses: William Sterne of Haslingfield; William le Jouene; John Godred; John le Bole; Peter le Webbe
Witnesses: Bartholomew Gogging, mayor; John Martin; William Eliot; Henry Nadun; Henry Tuliet; John de Aylsham; Henry de Barton; John Bot, clerk; Nicholas son of Symon Pistor.
Grant of a tenement in St Benedict’s parish (neighbours specified) to Thomas Chesterton, William Beketon, clerk, Hugh Plowryght and Thomas Jacob., 1408-06-24
Witnesses: John Gainsford, mayor, John Sexton, bocher, Stephen Neel, John Eversden and Alan Boberd, bailiffs.
Witnesses include Roger de Costessey and James Godlomb, bailiffs
Grant of Henry Flesshewere and Joan his wife of 12 selions in Elsworth and Conington with reversion of 3 selions which Richard Spendelowe holds of William Sewyne, his brother., 1351-02-21
Grant of land as in last to Thomas Jacob, burgess, John Titteshall, clerk, Adam Leverington and Richard Sexton., 1425-01-10
Witnesses: John Warwyk, mayor; John Carpe; Richard Busshe; Thomas Sturmyn; John Wyllymot, bailiff.
Grant of land to Geoffrey son of Ordgar at an annual rent of 2d plus 1d for Christmas offering, and 1d for hagable on Hock Tuesday (oketiwesdai). Gersuma, 55s., 1260-11
The land lies between the stone house of the said Geoffrey and land formerly Robert Gulastre's in which Richard the weaver ('telarius') lives.
Witnesses: Hervey Grim; William his brother; Geoffrey Potekin; Alard son of Ordgar; Gilbert Aurifaber; Hervey his son; Ralph son of Roger; William his brother; Henry de Barton; Hervey son of Seman; Geoffrey Winter; Paris the clerk.
Grant of lands and tenements, etc., with a mill in Great Gransden to Sir Philip de Stowe, knight, and Matilda his wife, which lands, etc., they hold by gift and feoffment of the said Sir Philip., 1334-11-02
The advowson was purchased by the college in 1718. For the early history of the advowson see 1a below.
For the decision to purchase on the favourable report of two fellows, see Chapter Book, 3, pp. 64-5.
The modern references for 1g and 1h have been reversed to preserve the chronological sequence.
Nos 7, 9, 11 and 13 not used.
Grant of the Manor of Burdeleys manor to John Say, Laurence Cheyne, John Cheyne, William Allington, esquires, Thomas Audenby and John Audley., 1449-12-16
Witnesses: Gilbert Hore; John Morice, esquires; Thomas Burgoyne.
Grant of the Manor of Wydyngton [Widdington][ with advowson of the church to John le Baud, parson of Grantchester and Sir John ate Lee, chaplain., 1351-05-16
A wood called 'Lundinghoc' (London Jock) and the hedges and ditches surrounding it is excepted.
Witnesses: John de Ros; Robert de Geddinge, knights; Thomas de Shelton; Robert de la Rokele; Oliver de Barle; John Flambard; William Flambard; John de Wydyngton
Grant (patent) to Robert son of William de Madingley of homage and service of Thomas de Glemsford, his tenant, for one messuage and lands in Madingley of the fee of the Master of the Knights Templar., 1301-08-01
Witnesses: Sir Geoffrey de Burdeleys; John son of William de Madingley; William his brother; James Warin; Roger Wendut; Roger Terri; William Ogle; John le Palmer.