Found in 951 Collections and/or Records:
Grant to William Lovell of Hardeshyll [Hartshill?] of a messuage with buildings and 3 acres of arable, 1366-03-29
Grant to William Milnestrete and Alice his wife of a tenement which they hold by feoffment of John Reyson lately Rector of St Bene't's (as in 83), 1382-10-06
Witnesses: Richard Masterman, mayor; Edmund Lister; Thomas Trivet; Roger Barber; Peter Aunger; William Brittling.
Grant to William Norman, barker, William Cornyard, Thomas Mast and William Piggot of a tenement as in 95 which he held in common with William Thomays, John Scot and John Rasour by gift of William Godinch and Robert Malpas, 1467-01-10
Consideration: 29 marks to be paid to Roger in Great St Mary's at stated intervals.
Witnesses: Robert Damay, mayor; Louis Brampton; William Barford; William Godfrey, bailiffs; Thomas Ditch.
The tenement lies between a tenement of Henry de Tangmere and a shop formerly of Thomas Carpenter on one side, and a tenement formerly of Henry de Grantesden and another formerly of John Kemp on the other, and abuts on a tenement of the said William and on Melnestrete.
Witnesses: William de Horwod, mayor; John de Panfeld; Thomas Malbrethorp; Richard Powle; William de Lyndezeye, bailiffs; Robert Martyn; Richard Morice; William Wynd; Walter Smyth
Grant to William Note, locksmith, and Agnes his wife (John's sister) of a tenement with two shops annexed next Plotes Lane., 1347-03-19
The property lies between a tenement of Henry de Tangmere, Plotes Lane and a tenement of the said William, on the one hand, and a atenement of Henry de Gransden on the other, and abuts on a tenement formerly of Andrew de Hitchin and the tenement of the said William.
Witnesses: Philiop Cayly, mayor; William de Lolworth; Henry le Clerk; Geoffrey de Warwick; Richard de Thaxted, bailiffs; Henry de Beche; Robert Martin, Richard de Arderne; John de Teveresham.
Grant to William Note, locksmith', of two shops in Plotes Lane, 26 feet long and 16 feet wide (together)., 1347-03-18
The shops lie next to a tenement of the grantor and abut on a tenement of Richard de Arderne, formerly of Andrew de Hitchin, and on the grantor's tenement.
Witnesses: Philiop Cayly, mayor; William de Lolworth; Henry le Clerk; Geoffrey de Warwick; Richard de Thaxted, bailiffs; Henry de Beche; Richard de Arderne; Henry de Tangmere; John de Teversham.
Grant to William Note of an annual rent of 4s from a messuage on the corner of Plotes Lane and Milne Street., 1353-02-24
Witnesses: William de Horwode, mayor; Richard Morice; Richard de Arderne; William Wind; Walter Smith; John de Cottenham; William de Cotes
Grant to William Painter, LLB, William Drake, John Hewett, Thomas Stacey of Bury St Edmunds and William Collins of a messuage as in 3(1)., 1491-08-28
Now described as between a tenement lately of Reginald Ely and now of Queens' College (E) and a tement lately of Thomas Lovell, esq. (W) and abutting (S) on Small Bridges Street and (N) on a tenement of Queens' College lately inhabited by William Thirkell.
Witnesses: Henry Kale, mayor; Hugh Tankin; Thomas Crime; Nicholas Green; William Heydon, bailiff.
Grant to William Paunfelon and John Barker of all his lands, tenements, rents, gardens, etc., in the town and fields of Cambridge., 1380-09-29
Witnesses: Edmund Redmeadow, mayor; Thomas Lolworth; Peter Lolworth; Thomas Trivet; Roger Barber.
Grant to William Pellur, baker, of a piece of land and a house once Ralph Deusdeners' (as in 3)., 1304-12-08
Witnesses: Robert Sabin; Geoffrey Knyvet; John Martin; Hugh Baron; Hervey Pepper; William the miller; Walter de Caston.
Grant to William Pepper, clerk, of Cambridge, John Puregold, Richard Eden, Henry Veysey and Nicholas Green of a headland of 1½ roods in Barton., 1498-01-14
The headland lies in Green ditch furlong next to land of the said Robert to the N and abuts (W) on land late of Sir Thomas Charleton, and was held by his father, Robert, jointly with John Freeman deceased by feoffment of John London by deed of 20 June, 5 Edward IV (46 above) and has come to John Fan by right of inheritance.
Witnesses: John Taburham; Thomas Lete; Richard Cliffe; William Grigges and Nicholas Fanne of Barton.
Grant to William Pepper, clerk, of Cambridge, John Puregold, Richard Eden, Henry Veysey and Nicholas Green of land and a messuage in Barton., 1498-01-14
Three half-acres lie together above Glassacre between land of William Hitch of the fee of the Abbot of Ramsey and land of Thomas Bolle, and abut on the Downeweye; the other three half-acres lie together above Qwhyrthrede between land of Thomas Roger and land of Henry Norton of the fee of the Abbot of Ramsey and abut on an acre of land once John Saxy's and on land of the Abbot of Ramsey.
Witnesses: John Lucas; John Hervey; John Sampson, senior; William Dossetor; Henry Oakham.
Grant to William Roger of Cambridge and William Smith of Over of half an acre of arable land in Over fields, 1444-02-16
The land, anglice 'le Stub', lies next to land of the Abbot of Ramsey on either side and abuts on 'Algars hedland'.
Witnesses: John Lucas; John Cope; Thomas Cooper; John Sampson, junior; William Dossetor.
Witnesses: John Gainsford, mayor; John Sexton; Stephen Neel; John Bish; Robert Bradway, bailiffs.
Grant to William, son of Eudo de Elpringham, Margaret his wife and Agnes their daughter of a messuage as in 09/7/21., 1348-07-22
Witnesses: Robert de Brigham, mayor; Thomas de Wells; Robert Martin; Henry de Beche; Daniel de Felsted, bailiff; Thomas de Cottenham; Thomas de Chadenhaw; Henry de Middleton, clerk.
Grant to William son of Osbert le Comber on his marriage to Matilda, daughter of Robert, of a shop 'in vico fabrorum' between the land of Ralph Sharp and land once John son of John Faber's., 1270
Also an annual rent of 2s 6d from a tenement which Simon de Sancti Botulfo holds of him.
Witnesses: Thomas Tuliet; John de Rus; Stephen de Hauxton; Nicholas de ultra Forum; Simon de sancto Botulfo; William Henges; Thomas de Ferur; Henry le Cupper; Henry Nadun.
The messuage lies between land formerly of Nicholas the priest (sacerdos) and land formerly of William Prikemere and abuts on the land of John Gogging.
Witnesses: Thomas Tuliet; Robert de Sancto Edmundo; Anger le Rus; John de Barton; Nicholas Childman; Robert Hubert; John Alueuechild; Bartholomew le Noble; John Gogging; Walter Em; Richard son of Gregory; Thomas Woolward; Simon ad Aquam.
Grant to William son of Richard de Beetham of half of 4 acres of land in Brancaster field at Galghos., 1305-12-06
The land lies between land of John Lekere and land of the said William (half an acre) and at Sund (?) between land of Ralph Aleyn and land of Alexander Humbert (half of two acres) and at Hockeyngate between land of the Abbot of Ramsey and land of John Lekere (half of one acre).
Witnesses: Gilbert de Titchwell; Thomas Burgeys; Thomas de Brancaster; Henry Humaunce; Gilbert le Spicer; Geoffrey le Man.
Grant to William son of Richard Miller (Molendianrius) of Newnham of a messuage between her messuage and a messuage of William Gladwyn in Trumpington street [House C]., 1301
The messuage abuts at one head on the highway and at the other on Swinecroft.
Witnesses: Simon de Stockton, mayor; Bartholomew Gogging, Robert de Hinton, John de Branketre, Robert de Comberton; John de Kimberley; William de Leeds; Wliiam Holay.
Endorsed: 'Carta Sabrine Asselof'
Grant to William son of Simon de Morden of one tenement in Milne Street for another in the parish of Holy Trinity., 1346-11-03
The Milne Street tenement lies between a tenement of Thomas Morice and a tenement of Bartholomew de Morden and extends from the highway to a tenement of the said Thomas Morice; that in Holy Trinity parish lies between a tenement of John de Toft and a tenement of Richard de Betelee, bedel.
Witnesses: Phlip Cayley, mayor; William de Lolworth; Henry le Clerk; Richard de Thaxted; Geoffrey de Warwick, bailiffs; Thomas de Cottenham; Nicholas Pawe; William de Hinxston.
Grant to William son of Theobald Attegrene of the same for a certain sum of money of a messuage with a croft adjacent., 1319-11-06
The messuage lies between a tenement of Ralph son of Ralph le Eyr and a tenement of Nicholas Lawyn and extends from land formerly of Gilbert Baroun to the mill pond.
Witnesses: Robert of Grantchester; Hugh le Bolour; Thomas Reynaud; Ralph son of Ralph; Bernard Attegrene.
The messuage lies between a messuage once Adam de Havering's and a messuage of William de Lolworth, and extends from the high street to land of Peter de Berningham.
Witnesses: Simon de Refham, mayor; John Morice; Peter de Berningham; Andrew de Hitchen; William de Sledmer.
Grant to William Stronge of Madingley of a messuage with croft adjoining in the vill and fields of Whitwell between a messuage of Thomas Dyke and a messuage of Richard Burton abutting on Whitwell Brook and on a headland of Elice Shepherd., 1379-11-06
Witnesses: Thomas Willingham; John Cok; Sampson Onger [Aunger]; Robert Saumon.
Grant to William the Cutler of land with bulidings, 'in vico fabrorum' (previous owners and neighbours specified)., 1216 - 1272
Witnesses: Geoffrey son of Ralph; John Alur'; John Aelard, clerk; Albericus le Mercer; Robert Nadun; Richard Casearius; Symon de Sancto Botulfo; John son of John Smith; John Hubert; Thomas le Ferrun; Gilebert Plumbar'; Alexander Filtere.