Found in 951 Collections and/or Records:
Grant to William Godinch and Robert Hayreman of a messuage which they hold by gift of Roger Cooper, Richard Andrew and Robert Lincoln, draper, 1433-03-10
The messuage lies between a tenement of Richard Wright and a tenement of John Glatton and abuts on the highway and on land of Robert Cooper in Swinecroft.
Witnesses: Stephen Neel; Richard Wright; William Spencer; Robert Garland, bailiffs; John Duxworth; Robert Malpas, Henry Simson
Grant to William his brother of a tenement between a tenement of his brother and a tenement of Daniel de Felsted with one head on the highway and one on a tenement of Richard Morice., 1348-09-07
Witnesses: Robert de Brigham, mayor; Thomas de Morice; William de Hinxton; Richard Morice; Richard de Arderne; Nicholas de Stowe; William Winde
Grant to William Holay, burgess, and Alice his wife, of an annual rent-charge of 12d payable by John le Taverner on a messuage, 1296-10-31
The messuage lies between a messuage of the said William Holay and a common lane.
Witnesses: John Dunning, mayor; John Gogging; Simon de Refham; Ralph de Comberton; Walter de Barking, bailiffs; William de Leeds; Johm de Branketre; Robert de Hinton; Richard de Snaillwell; Benedict Pistor; Walter the clerk.
Grant to William Holay, burgess, and Margaret his wife, of a messuage which he acquired from Agnes, widow of John le Taverner (as in 24) in Plotes lane, 1324-07-25
The messuage lies between a messuage of the said William and a messuage formerly of John de Wycombe and extends from the said lane to land of the said William and is 35 foot long and 21 foot wide.
Witnesses: Robert Dunning, mayor; John de Comberton; Thomas de Snailwell; William de Snoring; William de Hilderclay; John King; Robert Thurrock.
Grant to William Horwode, Henry de Tangmere, Simon de Leverington, sherman, Master John Hardy and Simon de Sleaford of one message., 1353-04-07
The messuage, once William de Refham's, lies between a tenement of the gild of Corpus Christi and the Blessed Mary one one side and a tenement once Walter de Bury's and a tenement once William Duke's and a tenement once Nicholas Crocheman's on trhe other, and abuts on the king's highway.
Witnesses: Stephen son of John Morice, mayor; John Wyth; John de Berneye; Simon de Refham; John de Byntre.
Grant to William Horwode, mayor, and eight others (named) of four shillings annual rent from a messuage between the messuages of Master Robert de Biygham and of Thomas de Cottenham and abutting on the king's highway and Thomas de Cottenham's messuage., 1349-10-09
Witnesses: John Draper; Simon Sherman; Thomas Childerley; Eudo Refham; Ralph Deeping; Robert Chandeler; Henry Goldsmith.
Grant to William le Buller of Newnham of a strip of arable land in Newnham Crofts between land of John son of William Miller (Molendinarius) and land of Roger Amp [Amper?] and abutting on the highway., 1316-03-27
Witnesses: John Morice, mayor; Geoffrey de Warboys; Walter de Barking; John Martin; Ralph Pepper.
Grant to William le Buller of Newnham of a strip of arable land in Newnham Crofts lying between the highway to 'le suthe melne' and land of the said William and reaching from the highway to the land once the Earl of Lincoln's., 1316-10-08
Witnesses: Robert Dunning, mayor; John Morice; Geoffrey de Warboys; John Martin; Ralph Pepper.
Grant to William le Comber and Matilda his wife of 2 acres of arable land (as in the first parcel in 3 b). Hagable, one halfpenny., 1281 - 1282
Witnesses: John Martin, mayor; John Portehors; Robert de Madingley; John Perrin; Michael Pilat, bailifs; Richard Bateman; Richard his son; Thomas de Armingdon; Nicholas Aurifaber; John Scriptor.
Grant to William le Comber and Matilda his wife of 3s rent from a messuage at the head of St Mary's Church., 1272
Grant to William le Comber and Matilda his wife of a barn with courtyard adjoining (59 by 56 feet). Gersuma: 5 marks (£3 6s 8d), 1271
The property lies next to John's messuage (W) and the lane called 'Puppelote lane' (E) and abuts on the highway leading to St Michael's church at Henhaye [Henney] (N) and on a messuage of John formerly Potekyn's (S)
Grant to William le Comber and Matilda his wife of a messuage for five silver marks (£ 132 4d), 1273 - 1274
The messuage lies between a messuage of John Aure (S) and the lane leading to St Michael's church towards Henney (N) and abuts on the King's Street (regale strata) (W) and on a messuage of the said William (E).
Witnesses: William Eliot, mayor; Henry Tuliet; Henry Nadun; John But; John le Palfreyman, bailiffs; Robert le Chapeler; William de Lorimer; Robert de Maddingile; Richard Bateman; Richard Cultellarius; Waltger le Plumer,
Grant to William le Comber and Matilda his wife of a messuage next Glomery Lane.. Haggable,: 2d., 1288-08-27
The messuage lies between a messuage of Alan de Wells and Glomery Lane and abuts on land of Richard Bateman senior and on the king's highway.
Witnesses: John Martin, mayor; Robert de Shelford; Reginald de Comberton; John Pew; John de Branketre, bailiffs; Richard Bateman, junior; Geoffrey le Ferur; Simon ad Aquam; John de Campes; John Goldring; Guy le Spicer.
Grant to William le Comber and Matilda his wife, of a messuage with buildings, 'in vico fabrorum' previously held by his father William., 1260 - 1290
Witnesses: Ernisius Mercator; Eustace Eldcorn; Robert le Furmag'; Henry Nadun; William Lorimer; Walter le Cutler; Walter le Plumer; Osbert le Ferun.
Grant to William le Comber and Matilda his wife of a piece of land, eight foot by nine foot, between his messuage (S) and that of Thomas Le Coteler, and abutting on William's land to the west., 1260 - 1290
Entries in Lease Book 1 are noted as copies, or, where the originals are no longer held, are intercalated, Note that this lease book has many marginal notes, mostly by Matthew Parker, seldom entered here, giving cross-references to later leases of the same proprty, and indications of the 'present' tenant.
Grant to William le Comber and Matilda his wife of an acre in the fields of Cambridge and Barnwell., 1285
The land lies between lands of the Prior of Barnwell and abuts on Hinton moor.
Witnesses: John But, mayor; Robert de Madingley; John de Aylsham; William Eliot; Richard Bateman, junior; Bartholomew Gogging; Gilbert Bernard; Michae Pilat; John de Tykehull, clerk.
Grant to William le Comber and Matilda his wife of an annual rent of 3s from a capital messuage in the market place between the land once Riche le Tailor's and a small messuage next to the lane leading to Roger Wikes' horse mill., 1272 - 1307
Witnesses: Richard son of Laurence; William Eliot; John Francis; Ernisius Mercator; Bartholomew Gogging; Robert de Madingley; Henry Nadun; Roger de Ely; Richard Bateman; Roger de Fuloburn.
Grant to William le Comber and Matilda his wife of an annual rent of 4s from a messuage in the tenure of William le Cuiler at a rent of a pair of white gloves., 1260 - 1290
Witnesses: Ernisius Mercator; Paulinus Wombe; Symon Spiciar; Thomas le Cutler; William le Lorimer; Walter le Plumer; Robert le Furmager; Eustace Eldcorn.
Grant to William le Comber and Matilda his wife of one shop (as in last) for a rent of 12d and a pair of halfpenny gloves., 1260 - 1272
Witnesses: William Eliot; William Goldring; Ernisius Mercator; Henry Nadun; Walter le Cutler; William le Lorimer; Eustace Eldcorn; Robert le Furmag'; Thomas Gurle.
Witnesses: Richard Bacheman, senior; Bartholomew Gogging; John Martin, mayor; Richard Bacheman, junior; Luke Carettar'; Henry Barton, goldsmith; Richard le Ironmonger; John Mattelasck.
Grant to William le Comber and Matilda his wife of two strips of land in the fields of Cambridge and Barnwell on 'Hyntonemore'., 1285-08-28
The strips lie between land of Richard Wombe (N) and land of Luke de Sancto Edmundo (S) and abut on a headland of the nuns of St Radegund and on Hintonmere.
Witnesses: John But, mayor; Roger de Witherisfeld; John le Palefreyer; Robert de Madingeley; Symond de Bradley bailiff; Richard Bateman, junior; Geoffrey le Feroun; Reginald de Comberton; Walter le Hunte
Grant to William le Comber, burgess, and Matilda his wife, of a piece of land measuring 20 feet by 14 and a half feet in the graveyard near the stool ('prope scamillum siue chaleram') at an annual rent of 12d., 1289-05-21
Witnesses: Bartholomew Gogging; John Martin; John de Aylsham; John Gerund; John Matelasky; John de Caumpes; Walter the clerk.
Grant to William le Hayward, burgess, and Benedicta his wife, of one shop with a solar in the market place., 1316-11-30
The property lies between a messuage of Murielle Fenger, once Thomas Bartholomew's, and a messuage once William Hambyn's and abuts on the market and land of John son of Ralph de Comberton.
Witnesses: Robert Dunning, mayor; John Morice; Simon de Refham; John Culling; John de Comberton.
Grant to William Lewin of Grantchester and Emma his wife of an acre of land in Brunnemedewefeld in Grantchester., 1384-12-09
The acre lies between land of William atte Hill and the common headland and abuts on land of the Rector of Grantchester and on land of Jakes de Grantchester.
Witnesses: William Everard; John Lacy; John Wylweby; Adam son of Ralph; John Pavelee.