Found in 951 Collections and/or Records:
Grant to William Beketon, Hugh Plowwryght and John Abraham of an acre of arable land in the fields of Cambridge and Barnwell., 1413-05-01
Half an acre lies in Bradmere Field between land of Thomas Cotton (S) and lands of the nuns of St Radegund (E) and abuts (N) on land formerly of John Eversden; and the other ½ acre lies in Middle Field in the furlong called ?Rodoute furlong next to land of the Prior of Barnwell (S) and abuts (W) on Pytdole.
Witnesses: John Gainsford, mayor; Robert Gervaise; John Whaplode; Thomas Jacob [jnr]; William Duk, bailiffs.
Grant to William Belote, Margaret his wife and their son Thomas of two adjacent messuages next Shade lane in Chesterton, 1390-03-17
The messuages lie between between land of Merton College and Shade lane and abut on the highway and on the common bank.
Witnesses: John Lucas; John Sawtry; Geoffrey Smith; John Wade; John Strike.
Grant to William Bracy and Margaret his wife, daughter of Henry Viven, of a messuage once the property of John's father Gregory., 1260 - 1270
Gersuma: 9s. The land lies between a tenement once Simon de Sancto Botulfo's and a tenement of Aldred Godlomb (dimensions given).
Witnesses: Reginald Sherewind; John Martin; Humfrey Brithnoth; Henry Tinctor; Nicholas Morice; John Palfreyman; Peter de Beltham; Hervey son of John; John Warin; Robert Woolward.
The land lies at the end of his courtyard and extends for 36 feet from thence to land once Thomas, Rector of St Bene't's, and extends 30 feet in width from land of the said William and Margaret to land of Humfrey Britnoth.
Witnesses: John le Rus; Reginald Sherewind; Stephen de Hauxton; John Gogging; John Mich'; Thomas Hardy; Robert Faber; Nicholas Textor; William de Linton; Walter le Hunte (as in 7(8))
Grant to William Bracy and Margaret his wife of a piece of land with buildings at a rent of 1 pound of cumin at Hockday., 1260 - 1270
The land lies at the end of his courtyard and extends for 72 feet from thence to land once Thomas, Rector of St Bene't's, and extends 30 feet in width from land of the said William and Margaret to land of Humfrey Britnoth.
Witnesses: John le Rus; Reginald Sherewind; Stephen de Hauxton; John Gogging; John Mich'; Thomas Hardy; Robert Faber; NicholasTextor; William de Linton; Walter le Hunte.
The land lies at the end of his courtyard and extends for 27 feet from thence to land once Thomas, Rector of St Bene't's, and extends 30 feet in width from land of the said William and Margaret to land of Humfrey Britnoth.
Witnesses: Thomas Tuliet; John le Rus; William Tuliet; John Gogging; Reginald Sherewind; NicholasTextor; Robert Faber; John Mich'; Thomas Hardy.
Grant to William Bracy, Margaret his wife and her daughter of a messuage 'in vico de Trumpeton' between land of Gregory son of Julian and land of Godlomb at an annual rent of 5s for the life of the longer liver of the parents., 1230 - 1270
Witnesses: Adam Dunning; Thomas Tuliet; Ralph son of Henry; John Pothekin; William Tuliet; Anger son of Edrich; Stephen de Hauxton and Henry his brother; John de Burton and Michael Bernard.
Grant to William Brittling and William Beketon, parson of St Bene't's, of a tenement in the parish of St John Baptist, 1397-04-04
The tenement lies between Notes lane, previously known as Plotes lane and a tenement of John Clark, and abuts at one head on a tenement of Thomas Trivet, and at the other on a tenement of CCCC, a tenement of Richard Winterton, a tenement once of Edmund Lister and on Milne street.
Witnesses: Robert Brigham, mayor; Alexander Taverner; John Gainsford; Robert Campion, cooper; John Brown, bailiffs; Thomas Trivet; Simon Bentybow.
Grant to William Brittling, Thomas Warwick and Robert Campion, cooper, of a messuage in Small Bridges Street between a messuage of Robert Campion and a tenement of Thomas Morice., 1403-12-01
Witnesses: Robert Godrich, mayor; John Knapton; Simon Bentybow; John Ramsey; John Lister, bailiff; Thomas Trivet; John Abraham.
The garden lies between a garden once of John Carnewale (N) and a college tenement (S) and abuts (E) on the college domus and (W) on the highway'
Witnesses: John Gainsford, mayor; John Sexton; Stephen Neel; John Bush; Robert Bradway, bailiffs.
Grant to William Cheyne of Chesterton and Mariota his wife of a messuage with buildings between the tenement of Thomas Engayne and Katerine his wife and a tenement previously John le Mason's and abutting on the King's Ditch and the highway., 1343-12-02
Witnesses: Bartholomw Morice, mayor; William de Horwode; Roger de Brandon; John de Marblethorp; Hugh le Smith, bailiff; Richard Tuliet; Alan de Refham.
Grant to William Cobbe of Barton of one rood of arable in Hayrdhil in le Donnefeld. Customary dues and services to the chief lords of the fee., 1315-06-29
The land lies next to land of Sir Hugh de Brunne and abuts on Alfonysweye and on land of John Byssop.
Witnesses: Walter Russel; Henry Caroun; John Breton; Mathew Goldsmith; John le Mareys; William le Mareys; Robert Hontlouve.
Grant to William Cros, clerk, and Thomas Cros of a tenement in Milne Street (as in 99 and 101), 1417-05-19
Witnesses: John Bilney, mayor; John Sexton; Robert Pinnington; Alan Hoberd; Robert Bradwey, bailiffs
Grant to William de Betaigne, citizen and spice-dealer of London, of 20s annual quit rent as in 09/10/4, 1321-12-21
Witnesses: Simon de Refham, mayor; Adam de Bungay; Thomas de Elm; Richerus Lespicer; Robert de Saham.
The messuage Iies between the tenements of John de Marshal, of Matilda le Lavander, and of William le Spicer and Margaret his wife, and abuts on the highway, extending to the croft of the nuns of St Radegund called 'Eldestedcroft'.
Witnesses: Philip Cayly, mayor; William de Lolworth; Henry le Clerk; Richard de Thaxted; Geioffrey de Warwick, bailiffs; Edward de Ovington; William de Horwode; John le Mareschal.
Grant to William de Brunne, burgess, and Christiana his wife of a piece of land received by gift of James Godlomb (see 7), 1310-07-12
Witnesses: Richard Dunning; Richard Laurence; Peter de Berningham; Thomas de Brancketre; Walter de Caston; Robert Sabin; Ralph son of Ralph; Geoffrey Knyvet; John Martin; William the miller.
Grant to William de Burgo and his wife Avycia of a messuage [perhaps house A] with half an acre in Swinecroft adjacent, perhaps as in D] as in 34., 1319-09-30
Witnesses: Eudo de Elpringham, mayor; Robert de Comberton; Edmund le Cayly; Richard Bryd; Bartholomew, tanner; Henry de Wimpole; John le Barber.
Later note on dorse: 'Cays di' acre in Swnyscroft'
Grant to William de Burgo of a messuage [perhaps house A] with half an acre in Swinecroft adjacent, perhaps as in D], 1319-09-30
The messuage lies between a messuage of Robert de Comberton and one formerly of Thomas de Hulme, and the half-acre is next to lands of Robert de Comberton.
Witnesses: Eudo de Elpringham, mayor; Robert de Comberton; Edmund le Cayly; Richard Bryd; Bartholomew, tanner.
Grant to William de Clopton, tawyer and burgess, of a messuage between a tenement once Henry de Beche's and a tenement of the said Elena, abutting on one head on de Beche's tenement and on the other on the king's highway., 1363-03-23
Witnesses: John Morice, mayor; William de Horwode; John Barker; Geoffrey Walman; Robert le Parchmener.
Grant to William de Comber and Matilda his wife of 3 roods of land in Barnwell fields on an annual payment of 1d for all except royal services, 1281 - 1282
The land lies between land of the Prioress of St Radegund and land of Gilbert Bernard of Barnwell and abuts on Littlemoor and on Hadstock way.
Witnesses: John Martin, mayor; Robert de Madingley; Michael Pilat, bailiffs; Bartholomew Gogging; Reginald de Comberton; Henry de Barton; Geoffrey le Ironmonger.
The chamber is twelve feet wide between the workshop ('fabrica') of Alice's late husband William Suckling and land of Robert le Furmag', and thirteen feet long between a chamber occupied by William Page and land once Simon de Sancto Botolpho's. Gersuma, 15s.
Witnesses: Roger de Wikes; Robert de Sancto Edmundo; Nicholas ultra Forum; Riche le Taylur; Ernisius Mercator; Henry Nadun; William le Cutler; Thomas le Cutler; William le Lorimer; Robert le Furmag'; Ralph Sharp.
Half and acre lies in Le Lowefeld between land of the Abbot of Croyland and land of Simon de Saham and abuts at one head on Le Holmedewe; the other half acre lies in Oldlond between land of Simon de Saham on either side and abuts on Grikkonhilfon and on Aldeburghmedewe.
Witnesses: Simon de Saham; John Attegrene; William Waldeschef; Richard le Smith; William de Frisby