Yangon (division (national))
Found in 96 Collections and/or Records:
Quarter-plate. [Designed by Mr Hayne-Fox, work on the new Government House (replacing a smaller wooden structure) was started in 1892 and completed in 1895. Described by the architect as in the Queen Anne Renaissance style, it has also been considered as an example of the later Hydropathic style (Pearn, 1939, p 266).
79 x 54 mm. A woman and a girl working on parasols.
149 x 106 mm. A group of buildings viewed from the distance.
Contains Ektachromes with frames made in England (except 516A). Apart from the maps, all are numbered by Marnham. The maps are: numbers 15-17 three views of a map of the Pacific and numbers 18-19 two views of a map of the Western Pacific. Numbers 103, 105, 108, 111, 116, 212, 318, 406, 503, 504 and 519 are listed as missing with no attempt to catalogue them as they contain no further details.
Proof and typescript copies of selected articles.
126 x 80 mm. An aerial view of the hill.
150 x 104 mm. An aerial view of the hill.
264 x 207 mm. View of a two storey stone house, situated on the summit of a tree covered hill. The Union Jack flies from a turret above the main entrance. Photographer unknown.
266 x 209 mm. View of a two storey stone house, situated on the summit of a tree covered hill. The Union Jack flies from a turret above the main entrance. Photographer unknown.
146 x 101 mm. A view looking across wharves towards shipping anchored in the harbour. The annotation on the reverse states 'Photo by J. Jackson, Rangoon'. The date attribution is based on the observation that the vessels in this image are all steam-powered.
204 x 153 mm. A view looking westward across the Great Royal Lake and Dalhousie Park, with the spire of the Shwe Dagon Pagoda visible in the distance. Photograph by Watts and Skeen.