Semi-official letters from London to Bombay and Calcutta, 1941-1946
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official letters from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, to Jardine, Skinner & Co., Bombay and Calcutta, and Jardine, Matheson & Co. (India) Ltd, Bombay, and of telegrams exchanged between London and Bombay and Calcutta. The correspondents are B.D.F. Beith, W.J. Keswick, J.F. Owen, F.A. Pollock, A.W. Robson, C.T. Tod and H.H. Tod.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
2 folder(s) (2 folders)
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Copies
J1/81 contains copies of the letters, as well as an index.
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman)
- Jardine, Matheson and Co (India) Ltd
- Jardine, Skinner and Co
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- Owen, John Featherstone, b 1889 (businessman)
- Pollock, Frederick Arthur, b 1899 (businessman)
- Robson, Arthur Walker, 1900-1956 (businessman)
- Tod, Christopher Thompson, 1893-1950
- Tod, Henry Hector, b 1907 (businessman)