Semi-official letters from Swatow to Hong Kong, 1929-1941
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official letters from Jardine Matheson, Swatow, to Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, with enclosed letters and papers. There are also a few semi-official letters from Jardine Matheson, Swatow, to Jardine Matheson, Shanghai. The correspondents are B.D.F. Beith, G.H. Bowker, W.B. Cornaby, R.E. Coxon, J. Feely, M.J. Henderson, W.J. Keswick, W.H. Tindal King, D.F. Landale, E.L. McDougall, J.J. Paterson, and H.H. Tod.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 folder(s) (1 folder)
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, October 2010.
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman)
- Bowker, George Henry, b 1887 (businessman)
- Cornaby, William Basil, b 1892 (businessman)
- Coxon, Raymond Ernest, b 1892 (businessman)
- Feely, Joseph Francis, 1893-1952 (businessman)
- Henderson, Maurice James, b 1900 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- King, Wilfred Henry Tindal, 1885-1965 (businessman)
- Landale, David Fortune, 1905-1970 (businessman)
- McDougall, Edward Lionel, b 1905 (businessman)
- Paterson, John Johnstone, 1886-1971 (businessman)
- Tod, Henry Hector, b 1907 (businessman)