Customs Enclosure, Lourenço Marques, 1899 - 1908
Scope and Contents
204 x 155 mm. Showing the road leading into the Enclosure with a new-looking single storey crenulated building at the right. Whether this is the Customs House is unclear. A new building was proposed as early as 1904 but for several years the department was housed in rental accommodation while the new premises was built on the site of the old Railway Station. They were not occupied until 1911 by which time the Lazarus Brothers had left Lourenço Marques. Signed ‘J & M Lazarus, Photos’.
- 1899 - 1908
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
DateText: The date is approximate..
Finding aid date
- From the Fonds: Lazarus brothers (fl. 1899-1909) (photographers) (Organization)
- From the Fonds: Manners, C, fl. 1905 (photographer) (Person)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com