Scope and Contents
This film (second part of a two-part film) records the Royal Party's visit to Kenilworth Racecourse, near Cape Town, the opening by the King of the Ninth Union Parliament, and the Royal Party's visit to Port Elizabeth. It closes with a brief African dancing scene.
Conditions Governing Access
Copyright: British Film Institute. Permission has been obtained from the British Film Institute for the films to be streamed via the University of Cambridge's Streaming Media Service, to make them available for research and teaching within the University of Cambridge. They may not be downloaded.
Online access is limited to holders of Raven passwords (University of Cambridge). All other researchers: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. For copyright reasons, the films can be viewed upon request only and in person at Cambridge University Library. All other requests to use any part of the films must be addressed to the British Film Institute.
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Copies
The film may be viewed at:
DateText: The date is approximate..
Finding aid date
- Africa (continent)
- Cape Town (inhabited place)
- Elizabeth, 1900 - 2002 (née Bowes-Lyon, Queen Consort of George VI)
- Elizabeth, II, 1926 (Queen of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
- George, VI, 1895 - 1952 (King of Great Britain and Ireland)
- Margaret, Rose, 1930 - 2002 (Princess, daughter of George VI)
- Port Elizabeth (inhabited place)
- South Africa (nation)