Skip to main content


Subject Source: Local sources

Found in 158 Collections and/or Records:


Plans of New Hall, Cambridge, 1961 - 1988

Reference Code: GBR/3124/NHPP 2/9/1
Scope and Contents

The five sets of plans listed here were donated to the archives of Murray Edwards College in the summer of 2013 by Frank Woods.

Dates: 1961 - 1988
 File — NHAR 4/7/10

Proposals for New Hall, 1992

Reference Code: GBR/3124/NHAR 4/7/10
Scope and Contents

[Plans for buildings which were not realised]: ground floor, first floor and second floor plans for undergraduate and graduate rooms, landscaped courtyards, ‘research units’ and a lecture theatre, covering the area between the tennis courts and Grove Lodge; also plan of basic graduate unit, and a plan for a 98 space basement carpark

Dates: 1992
 File — NHAR 4/7/1

Proposed development, 1990s [Kaetsu Centre and new entrance], 1992 - 1996

Reference Code: GBR/3124/NHAR 4/7/1
Scope and Contents Austin-Smith: Lord, architects; Kajima UK Engineering Ltd, general contractor; Dewhurst, Macfarlane & Partners, consultant structural engineer; Oscar Faber, consultant services engineer. Plans drawn up by Austin-Smith:Lord, architects, 1993, unless otherwise indicated:1. New Hall - Concept Study with Kaetsu College: large colour plan, laminated, showing existing layout of New Hall together with proposed Kaetsu buildings at Fitzwilliam boundary of site and new entrance, lodge, new...
Dates: 1992 - 1996

Reduced plan of Parker Street., 1856

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/38/24n
Scope and Contents

Annotated: 'Plan before 6 additional houses were built on site of stgables'.

Dates: 1856

Section through gateway., 1823-01

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC08/19H/13
Scope and Contents

690 x 445mm. 3½" = 10'. Superimposed storey pencilled in.

Dates: 1823-01

Set of seven plans and elevations for proposed building on the Kitchen Garden., 1975-07

Reference Code: GBR/2511/CC/C/BG/1/1b
Scope and Contents

The building was to be chiefly residential, also incorporating a kitchen and dining area. It asrefused planning permission, see minute BG 529 of 12 December 1975.

Dates: 1975-07
 File — DCAR/1/2/4/2/3/43

Sketch block plans subject to position of existing trees, schemes A and B, 1958-09

Reference Code: GBR/0269/DCAR/1/2/4/2/3/43
Scope and Contents

Drawings no. 27 and 28.

Dates: 1958-09
Conditions Governing Access: From the Fonds: General administration files are generally closed for 30 years from date of creation, once transferred to Archives, but longer closure periods may apply. Please ask the College Archivist about more recent records relevant to a particular research area, which may not yet have been published online but may be open for research (by appointment).

Stow-cum-Quy estate., 1869 - 1887

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/01/33/65
Scope and Contents

1. Plan by Charles Bidwell, n.d., annotated with sale of a plot in 1887 for vicarage site. Scale: 6 chains to an inch.
2. Letter to the Master from C. H. Crosse giving acreage of lands in Stow-cum-Quy held by CCC, Gonville and Caius, Jesus and Magdalene colleges, 22 Apr. 1869.
3. Notes by R. T. Caldwell on acreage; sale of 16a. 2r. 33p. To Clement Francis in 1860 and of vicarage site in 1887,

Dates: 1869 - 1887