Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/RCMS 273/1
Scope and Contents
A 290 x 190 mm watercolour of the new capital, Port Stanley, looking north-west. A flag flies from a flagpole on a raised mound to the west of the settlement, and there are scattered buildings along the shore, and ships at anchor in the channel. Port Louis, located at the head of the Berkeley Sound, was the former French capital of the colony, founded by Louis de Bougainville in 1764, and the oldest settlement on the Falkland Islands. In 1842 the Colonial Office decided to move the...
Conditions Governing Access:
From the Fonds:
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).