Skip to main content

Menzies Hotel, 1870 - 1880

Reference Code:  GBR/0115/RCS/Y308B/155

Scope and Contents

183 x 128 mm. A view of the hotel, which stands at the junction between William Street and Bourke Street. The hotel, opened in 1867, is built in the renaissance style, and was erected by David Mitchell, father of Dame Nellie Melba. For a later view of the building, considerably altered, see Y3087D/18.


  • Creation: 1870 - 1880

Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (


1 photographic print(s) : photograph

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom