Property letters from Shanghai to Tientsin, 29 Apr. 1929-10 Nov. 1941
Scope and Contents
Property letters nos P.86-192, 194-216, 218-226 and 228-234 from R.M. Austin, B.D.F. Beith, J.H. Keswick, W.J. Keswick, F.A. Pollock and G.W. Sheppard, Jardine Matheson, Shanghai, to H. Flint, D.L. Newbigging, A.E. Smith and J.C. Taylor, Jardine Matheson, Tientsin, with enclosed letters and papers, including a report on a round trip to Tientsin by N.L. Railton, dated 21 June 1941.
There is no index, but the file includes the following subjects (among others):
A: Agent's house.
B: British Concession Lots No. 3, 15 and 17; Bund Frontage leases.
C: Crown Leases.
D: Deutsche-Asiatische Bank property.
I: Indo-China rentals - Lot No. 11.
N: Newchwang property.
P: Peiping property; Peking property.
T: Tientsin godowns; Tongku bungalow; Tongku Lot No. 5; Tongku railway siding.
The ring-binder is labelled 'Ports. To Tientsin. Property'.
- 29 Apr. 1929-10 Nov. 1941
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, October 2010.
- Austin, Reginald Mein, 1888-1934 (businessman)
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman)
- Flint, Hugh, b 1895 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- Newbigging, David Locke, 1896-1948 (businessman)
- Pollock, Frederick Arthur, b 1899 (businessman)
- Sheppard, George Walter, d 1943 (businessman)
- Smith, Alexander Edward, b 1888 (businessman)
- Taylor, John Cameron, 1890-1950 (businessman)
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com