Semi-official and property letters from Taipei to Hong Kong, 1948-1976
Scope and Contents
An incomplete series of copies of semi-official and property letters from Jardine Matheson, Taipei, to Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, with enclosed letters and papers. The later files include some unnumbered semi-official letters. The correspondents are A.D. Angus, I.F. Aucott, H.D.M. Barton, B.E. Bolton, D.I. Bosanquet, C.M.E. Brown, W.K. Corneck, W.A.N. Darkin, R.A. Eckford, R. Gordon, R.J. Hackman, M.A.R. Herries, H.N.L. Keswick, J.H. Keswick, D.F. Landale, D.W.N. Landale, A. McCallum, D.B. Nelson, D.K. Newbigging, H. Sidbury, N.A.J. Spencer, G.C. Thompson and E.F. Watts.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
13 file(s) (13 ring-binders)
5 folder(s) (5 folders)
1 envelope(s) (1 envelope)
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
The other series in J1 include the originals of semi-official letters, received by Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, as well as some unnumbered letters which are missing from this series.
- Angus, Andrew Drummond, 1921-2013 (businessman)
- Aucott, Ian Frank, 1916-1991 (businessman)
- Barton, Hugh David MacEwen, 1911-1989 (businessman)
- Bolton, Bernard Ernest, b 1909 (businessman)
- Bosanquet, David Ives, 1914-1988 (businessman)
- Brown, Christopher Martin Eastwood, b 1935 (accountant)
- Corneck, Warrington Kenneth, b 1920 (businessman)
- Darkin, William Alexandre Norman, b 1930 (accountant)
- Eckford, Reginald Andrew, b 1906 (businessman)
- Gordon, Robert, 1900-1965 (businessman)
- Hackman, Robert Jasper, b 1939 (businessman)
- Herries, Michael Alexander Robert Young-, 1923-1995 (Knight, businessman)
- Keswick, Sir Henry Neville Lindley, b 1938 (Knight, businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Landale, David Fortune, 1905-1970 (businessman)
- Landale, Sir David William Neil, 1934-2016 (Knight, businessman)
- McCallum, Alexander, b 1929
- Nelson, Douglas Charles Berkeley, b 1917 (businessman)
- Newbigging, David Kennedy, b 1934
- Sidbury, Henry, d 1906 (businessman)
- Spencer, Nicholas Aubrey John, b 1938
- Thompson, Geoffrey Carlyle, b 1921 (accountant)
- Watts, Erik Francis, 1904-1984 (businessman)