Semi-official letters from London to Tokyo, 1949-1967
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official letters from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, to Jardine, Matheson & Co. (Japan) Ltd, Tokyo, with enclosed letters and papers. The correspondents are I.F. Aucott, J.J.G. Brown, H. Flint, S.R. Hawke, J.H. Keswick, W.J. Keswick, D.W.N. Landale, G.Y. Matsumura, L. Norris, F.A. Pollock, A. Reid, J.S. Riggs, W.E.D. Smith and E.F. Watts.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
3 file(s) (3 ring-binders)
2 envelope(s) (2 envelopes)
Language of Materials
- Aucott, Ian Frank, 1916-1991 (businessman)
- Brown, Jeremy John Galbraith, 1933-2022 (businessman)
- Flint, Hugh, b 1895 (businessman)
- Hawke, Stanley Robert, 1914-1976 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- Landale, Sir David William Neil, 1934-2016 (Knight, businessman)
- Matsumura, George Yukio, b 1913
- Norris, Leslie, b 1907 (businessman)
- Pollock, Frederick Arthur, b 1899 (businessman)
- Reid, Alan, 1911-1993 (businessman)
- Riggs, John Sydney, b 1920 (businessman)
- Smith, William Elder Drummond, 1892-1957 (businessman)
- Watts, Erik Francis, 1904-1984 (businessman)