Semi-official correspondence between Hong Kong and Haiphong and Rangoon, 4 Oct. 1939-25 Sep. 1940
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official correspondence between Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, and Jardine Matheson, Haiphong and Rangoon, with one letter from Haiphong to Kunming:
1. An unsigned and unnumbered letter from Jardine Matheson, Haiphong to Jardine Matheson, Kunming, 4 October 1939.
2. Unnumbered letters (numbered 1 and 2 in pencil) from A.R.J. White, Haiphong, to D.F. Landale, Hong Kong, 4 October 1939, and D.L. Newbigging, Hong Kong, 10 October 1939.
3. Nos 2 and 5-24, from Captain A.E. Lamble, Haiphong to J.J. Paterson, Hong Kong, 2 March-25 September 1940.
4. Nos 1-25 from D.L. Newbigging and J.J. Paterson, Hong Kong, to A.E. Lamble, Haiphong, 7 February-17 September 1940.
5. Nos 2-4 from J.F. Feely, Rangoon, to J.J. Paterson, Hong Kong, 14 April-3 May 1940.
6. Nos 1-4 from D.L. Newbigging and J.J. Paterson, Hong Kong, to J.F. Feely, Rangoon, 9 April-10 May 1940.
The subjects covered in the file include (among others) Chun Ho, competition, the political situation, railways and staff. The ring-binder is labelled 'Rangoon & Haiphong'.
- 4 Oct. 1939-25 Sep. 1940
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 27 February 2012.
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org