Semi-official letters from Tientsin to Shanghai, 1929-1941
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official letters from Jardine Matheson, Tientsin, to Jardine Matheson, Shanghai, with enclosed letters and papers, including monthly agency trade reports. There are also some property letters. The correspondents are R.M. Austin, B.D.F. Beith, H. Flint, R. Gordon, J.H. Keswick, W.J. Keswick, D.L. Newbigging, J.J. Paterson, F.A. Pollock, A.E. Smith, J.C. Taylor and F.W. Warrington.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
3 folder(s) (3 folders)
2 file(s) (2 ring-binders)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, October 2010.
- Austin, Reginald Mein, 1888-1934 (businessman)
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman)
- Flint, Hugh, b 1895 (businessman)
- Gordon, Robert, 1900-1965 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- Newbigging, David Locke, 1896-1948 (businessman)
- Paterson, John Johnstone, 1886-1971 (businessman)
- Pollock, Frederick Arthur, b 1899 (businessman)
- Smith, Alexander Edward, b 1888 (businessman)
- Taylor, John Cameron, 1890-1950 (businessman)
- Warrington, Frederick William, b 1894
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com