Semi-official letters from Yokohama to London, 1911-1925
Scope and Contents
Original unnumbered semi-official letters from Jardine Matheson, Yokohama, to Matheson & Co. Ltd, London. Most of the letters are just covering letters to enclosed copies of semi-official letters from Yokohama to Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, and other correspondence, telegrams and papers. The first two files also contain copies of semi-official correspondence between Jardine Matheson, Yokohama, and Jardine Matheson, Kobe, Nagasaki, New York, Shanghai and Shimonoseki, and official correspondence between Jardine Matheson, Kobe, Nagasaki, Shimonoseki, Shizuoka and Yokohama, and other offices of Jardine, Matheson & Co. Ltd and other correpsondents. The semi-official correspondents are C.E. Anton, R.G. Bell, D.G.M. Bernard, F.H. Bugbird, L. Camera, C. Chicken, A.E. Cooper, F.W. Gotch, A. Hills, Henry Keswick, John Johnstone, David Landale, A.R. Riddle, C.H. Ross and W.W.G. Ross.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
6 file(s) (6 ring-binders)
Language of Materials
Former reference: J13
- Anton, Charles Edward, d 1935 (businessman)
- Bell, Robert Gowland, c 1887-1952 (businessman)
- Bernard, Sir Dallas Gerald Mercer, 1888-1975 (1st Baronet, businessman)
- Bugbird, Frederick Harry, 1862-1949 (businessman)
- Chicken, Charles, d 1923 (businessman)
- Cooper, Arthur Edward James, c 1873-1961 (businessman)
- Johnstone, John, 1881-1935 (businessman)
- Keswick, Henry, 1870-1928 (businessman)
- Landale, David, 1868-1935 (businessman)
- Ross, Charles Henderson, 1864-1919 (businessman)
- Ross, William Walker Gibson, d 1956 (businessman)