Semi-official and property correspondence between Shanghai and Tientsin, 1921-1927
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official and property correspondence between Jardine Matheson, Shanghai and Tientsin, with enclosed letters and papers, including copies of telegrams, monthly Tientsin agency reports and financial statements, and Tientsin Produce Department memoranda. The correspondents are R.M. Austin, B.D.F. Beith, P.S. Jameson, John Johnstone, D.L. Newbigging, J.F. Owen, J.J. Paterson, R.J. Paterson, E.C. Peters, W.W.G. Ross and A. Brooke Smith.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
7 volume(s) (7 volumes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, June 1990.
- Austin, Reginald Mein, 1888-1934 (businessman)
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman)
- Jameson, Philip Sutherland, c. 1877-1930
- Johnstone, John, 1881-1935 (businessman)
- Newbigging, David Locke, 1896-1948 (businessman)
- Owen, John Featherstone, b 1889 (businessman)
- Paterson, John Johnstone, 1886-1971 (businessman)
- Paterson, Robert Jardine, b 1888
- Ross, William Walker Gibson, d 1956 (businessman)
- Smith, Alfred Brooke, 1874-1938 (businessman)
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com