The Presidency, Pretoria, 1932
Scope and Contents
295 x 213 mm. Showing Kruger's house in Church Street West, a long single storied building with a 'stoep' and a corrugated iron roof. President Kruger is seated on the 'stoep' while two soldiers stand on guard duty beside the man entrance. After the death of Kruger's wife in 1901 the house was used by the South African Constabulary. After a short spell as a boarding house it was reoccupied by members of the Kruger family until 1918 when it became a nursing home. In 1934 it became the Kruger House museum.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Existence and Location of Copies
DateText: This is a modern print (circa 1932) of an original print taken in circa 1896..
Finding aid date