Stone Arch, Montagu Pass, George, 1900 - 1910
Scope and Contents
159 x 115 mm. Showing a stone bridge on the Montagu Pass which connects George and Oudtshoorn across the Outeniqua Mountains. The Pass, opened in 1848, was named after Sir John Montagu, the Colonial Secretary responsible for the construction which opened up the area.
- 1900 - 1910
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
DateText: The date is approximate..
Biddulph, W H, fl 1900-1920, photographer
Finding aid date