Mandalay (inhabited place)
Found in 152 Collections and/or Records:
Half-plate (landscape format). (Commanding Officer, Captain D. Forster R.E.) [Showing company of soldiers in front of Palace].
[Showing covered canoe moored at riverside].
[View of river and bank, with boats].
155 x 107 mm.
Quarter-plate. Showing use of the pointed arch.
Half-plate. In red and gold relief in the numerous niches about the walls and corridors. Seen through right hand passage shown in the previous picture.
Quarter-plate. Ananda temple in distance on right.
90 x 114 mm. Showing a canal in the palace garden.
91 x 114 mm. Showing a canal in the palace garden.
93 x 111 mm. Showing a wooden bridge spanning a canal in the palace garden.
119 x 91 mm. Showing a tree shaded ornamental lake in the palace gardens, with a summerhouse in the background.
177 x 89 mm. View of the palace showing the spire of the Hall of Audience and surrounding buildings. The Palace and City of Mandalay were specially built as the new capital of Upper Burma and King Mindon and his court moved there in 1857.
91 x 115 mm. View looking along the road leading to the Hall of Audience.
113 x 90 mm. View looking towards the Palace, with the spire of the Hall of Audience at the right and at the left the Watchtower from which Queen Supyalat is supposed to have watched the advance of the British flotilla towards Mandalay during the Third Burmese War in November 1885.