Skip to main content

Logbook of St John Little Ouse National School/Little Ouse [Mixed] School

Reference Code: GBR/0012/MS Add.10441

Scope and Contents

Contains brief notes on the activities of the school from its opening on 4 April 1870 to the late 1890s. Daily entries may include information on admissions and discharges, weather, attendance, examinations, discipline, subjects taught and the observations/recommendations of inspectors. Names of teachers and visitors appear throughout the volume with the names of individual children appearing roughly from the early 1880s. The final pages of the volume jump between dates in the mid-1890s and intermix daily logs with class syllabi.


  • Creation: 1870-1899


Conditions Governing Access

Open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library.


0.002 cubic metre(s) (1 volume)

Language of Materials


Immediate Source of Acquisition

Purchased in 2023.

Related Materials

Cambridgeshire Archives hold Little Ouse School Board minutes 1885-1903 (ref: C/EB 64-68); log books 1896-1986 (ref: C/ES109E/1-3); and some admission registers 1891-1986 (ref: C/ES109E/4-6).

Language of description
Script of description

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom