Minutes of the Faculty Board of Biology 'B' and subordinate bodies, with related papers, 1926 - 1996
Scope and Contents
Minutes of Boards of Studies, from 1926 known as Faculty Boards, may cover governance, appointments, budgets, curriculum development, examining and accommodation.
- 1926 - 1996
- University of Cambridge. Faculty of Biology (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The University Archives are generally freely available to the holder of a reader's ticket for the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library, West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DR. Restrictions on access are imposed on certain categories of sensitive record: financial, governmental and personal, by order of the originating body or under data protection legislation. Access information, including opening hours and how to obtain a reader's ticket, appears as part of the Library's web site (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Biographical / Historical
The Faculty was established under the new University statutes in 1926 to provide courses for natural scientists and medical and veterinary students. Its constituent departments have been Anatomy, Animal Pathology, Biochemistry, Experimental Psychology, Pathology and Physiology. In 1996, a unified Faculty of Biology was created on amalgamation with the Faculty of Biology 'A'.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Min.V. 67-76 transferred to the University Archives by Dr K. McQuillen, Department of Biochemistry, on 22 Dec. 1977; Min.V.165-70 by Dr G.M.W. Cook, Secretary of the Degree Committee of Biology 'B', on 15 Feb. 1990; Min.V.284-5 on 25 Apr. 1995; Min.V.305-36, 338-46 by Mrs J.A. Knight, School of Biological Sciences, on 20 July 1997;
Faculty Board of Biology 'B'
Finding aid date