Biographical notes on Directors, 1948-1954
Scope and Contents
Typescript biographical notes on H.D.M. Barton, R. Gordon, F.C. Hall, J.H. Keswick, W.J. Keswick, D.F. Landale, H.H. Lennox, D.L. Newbigging, J.F. Owen, W.E.D. Smith and E.F. Watts, c. 1953-1954; a press cutting on the death of D.L. Newbigging (d. 1948); and a manuscript letter from H.D.M. Barton to B.D.F. Beith, 19 April 1954, containing biographical notes about himself.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 folder(s) (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 19 April 2018.
- Barton, Hugh David MacEwen, 1911-1989 (businessman)
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman)
- Gordon, Robert, 1900-1965 (businessman)
- Hall, Frederick Charles, 1880-c 1953 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- Landale, David Fortune, 1905-1970 (businessman)
- Lennox, Henry Hutchison, 1891-1958 (businessman)
- Newbigging, David Locke, 1896-1948 (businessman)
- Owen, John Featherstone, b 1889 (businessman)
- Smith, William Elder Drummond, 1892-1957 (businessman)
- Watts, Erik Francis, 1904-1984 (businessman)
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org