Property letters from Tientsin to Hong Kong, 29 June 1949-10 Feb. 1953
Scope and Contents
Copies of property letters from Jardine Matheson, Tientsin, to Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, with some enclosed papers:
1. Nos P.1-2 from L.G. Frost to R. Gordon, 29 June-1 July 1949.
2. Nos P.1 from L.G. Frost to D.F. Landale, 19 January 1950, and P.2-3, from Alex Kidd to D.F. Landale, 15 November 1950 and 6 December 1950.
3. Nos P.1-12 from Alex Kidd to J.H. Keswick (mainly) and D.F. Landale, 8 January-1 November 1951.
4. Nos P.1, P.2 and P.4 from Alex Kidd to J.H. Keswick, 8 April-22 September 1952.
5. Nos P.1-2 from Alex Kidd to J.H. Keswick, 15 January-10 February 1953.
The subjects covered include land taxes, Hankow property, Peking property, Tientsin property and the Hilda Waller Estate. The folder is labelled 'File I'.
- 29 June 1949-10 Feb. 1953
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 folder(s) (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Copies
Copies of the letters can be found in J2/30 (1949), J2/35 (1950-1951), J2/37 (1952) and J2/40 (1953).