Property correspondence between Shanghai and Nanking, 11 Apr. 1929-11 June 1937
Scope and Contents
Property correspondence between Jardine Matheson, Nanking and Shanghai, with enclosed letters and papers:
1. Nos P.10-28 from R.M. Austin, B.D.F. Beith and W.J. Keswick, Shanghai, to Y.S. Chung, W.F. Fiddes-Wilson, T.S.H. Hoey, D. Rod Mackenzie, D.J. Purves and C.B. Tweedy, Nanking, 11 April 1929-11 June 1937.
2. Nos P.1-3, 5-8 and 10-14 from T.S.H. Hoey and D. Rod Mackenzie, Nanking, to R.M. Austin and B.D.F. Beith, Shanghai, 27 December 1929-8 November 1933.
The subjects covered in the file include the Agent's house, Nanking; I.F. Drysdale's property and mortgage; Lots No. 6 and 16, Hsiakwan; the Jardine Estate, Hankow; and the Nanking bungalow. The ring-binder is labelled 'Ports. Nanking. Property'.
- 11 Apr. 1929-11 June 1937
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, October 2010.
- Austin, Reginald Mein, 1888-1934 (businessman)
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman)
- Hoey, Thomas Stewart Hamilton, 1890-1942 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- Mackenzie, David Roderick, 1883-1957 (businessman)
- Purves, David John, b 1898
- Tweedy, C.B., b 1887 (businessman)
- Wilson, Walter Dunbar Fiddes-, 1899-1952 (businessman)