Semi-official letters from Tokyo and Yokohama to Shanghai, 1947-1951
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official letters from Jardine Matheson, Tokyo (mainly) and Yokohama, to Jardine Matheson, Shanghai, with enclosed letters and papers. The correspondents are D.W.J. Clark, F. Gandossi, R. Gordon, J.H. Keswick, D.F. Landale, H.H. Lennox, F.A. Pollock and M.L. Railton.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
2 file(s) (2 ring-binders)
Language of Materials
- Clark, Donald William Jarrett, b 1917 (businessman)
- Gandossi, Francesco, b 1889 (businessman)
- Gordon, Robert, 1900-1965 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Landale, David Fortune, 1905-1970 (businessman)
- Lennox, Henry Hutchison, 1891-1958 (businessman)
- Pollock, Frederick Arthur, b 1899 (businessman)
- Railton, Manning Leonard, 1895-1962 (businessman)