Semi-official letters from Tokyo to Kobe and Osaka, 7 Dec. 1949-27 Nov. 1959 (all but one letter of 1949-1954)
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official letters from Jardine Matheson, Tokyo, to Jardine Matheson, Kobe and Osaka, with enclosed letters and papers:
1. Nos 13 and 14 from M.L. Railton to R. Corbett, Kobe, 7 and 12 December 1949, and 15 from F.A. Pollock to R. Corbett, Kobe, 28 December 1949.
2. Nos 1-3, 5-9, 11-32 and 34-73 from F.A. Pollock (mainly) and M.L. Railton to A.D. Angus, R. Corbett, J.C.M. Fullerton and A.R.J. White, Kobe, 11 January-26 December 1950. No. 10 was cancelled.
3. Nos 1-31, 33-35, 37-75, 77-96, 98-112, 115-120 and 122-130 from F.A. Pollock to A.R.J. White, Kobe, 4 January-20 December 1951. Nos 32, 36 and 121 were cancelled.
4. Nos 1-39 from F.A. Pollock, H.H. Tod and E.F. Watts to F. Jolly and A.R.J. White, Kobe, 21 January-23 December 1952.
5. Nos 1-37 from E.F. Watts to F.J. Jolly, Kobe, 5 January-29 October 1953, and 38-46 from I.F. Aucott and E.F. Watts to F. Jolly, Osaka, 4 November-22 December 1953.
6. Nos 1-31 from I.F. Aucott and E.F. Watts to F. Jolly, Osaka, 12 January-27 July 1954.
The file also includes private and confidential letter no. 1 from F.A. Pollock, Tokyo, to A.R.J. White, Kobe, 14 October 1950, and semi-official letter no. 1 from L. Norris, Tokyo, to F. Jolly, Korea, 27 November 1959. The ring-binder is labelled 'File I'.
- 7 Dec. 1949-27 Nov. 1959 (all but one letter of 1949-1954)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 5 June 2015.
- Angus, Andrew Drummond, 1921-2013 (businessman)
- Aucott, Ian Frank, 1916-1991 (businessman)
- Corbett, Richard, b 1917
- Jolly, Frederick, b 1907 (businessman)
- Pollock, Frederick Arthur, b 1899 (businessman)
- Railton, Manning Leonard, 1895-1962 (businessman)
- Tod, Henry Hector, b 1907 (businessman)
- Watts, Erik Francis, 1904-1984 (businessman)
- White, Alexander Robert James, b 1907 (businessman)