Semi-official letters from Shanghai to Hankow, 1945-1954
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official letters from Jardine Matheson, Shanghai, to Jardine Matheson, Hankow, with enclosed letters and papers. The correspondents are Thomas Beesley, R. Gordon, J.H. Keswick, H.H. Lennox and F.A. Pollock, Shanghai, and R.H. Box, W.S. Dupree, A.G. Jacobs, Captain J. Horner-Smith and W.J. Wu, Hankow.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
4 file(s) (4 ring-binders)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 17 April 2012.
Existence and Location of Copies
J1/132/5, J1/132/8, J1/143/4, J1/143/7 and J1/143/9 contain copies of many of the semi-official letters.
- Beesley, Thomas, b 1905
- Box, Reginald Holyoake, 1890-1972 (businessman)
- Dupree, William Sherlock, 1881-1975 (businessman)
- Gordon, Robert, 1900-1965 (businessman)
- Jacobs, Archibald Gordon, 1898-1964 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Lennox, Henry Hutchison, 1891-1958 (businessman)
- Pollock, Frederick Arthur, b 1899 (businessman)
- Smith, J Horner-, b 1896 (Captain)
- Wu, Wei-Jou, b 1896