Semi-official and property letters from Shanghai to Foochow, 1946-1955
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official and some property letters from Jardine Matheson, Shanghai, to Jardine Matheson, Foochow, with enclosed letters and papers. The correspondents are Thomas Beesley, R. Gordon, J.H. Keswick, H.H. Lennox and F.A. Pollock, Shanghai, and L.F. Assig, I.D. Bruce, A.M. d'Oliveira, S.R. Hawke, A.G. Jacobs, Lan Nan Kee and Lau Wai Kai, Foochow.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
3 file(s) (3 ring-binders)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 17 April 2012.
Existence and Location of Copies
J1/132/4, J1/132/8, J1/132/11, J1/143/3, J1/143/6 and J1/143/9 contain copies of many of the semi-official letters.
- Assig, Leslie Frederick, b 1919
- Beesley, Thomas, b 1905
- Bruce, Ian Denholm, 1912-1966 (businessman)
- Gordon, Robert, 1900-1965 (businessman)
- Hawke, Stanley Robert, 1914-1976 (businessman)
- Jacobs, Archibald Gordon, 1898-1964 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Lennox, Henry Hutchison, 1891-1958 (businessman)
- Oliveira, Alfredo Marques d', b 1923 (businessman)
- Pollock, Frederick Arthur, b 1899 (businessman)
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org