Semi-official and property letters from Hong Kong to Chungking, 22 Oct. 1945-12 Apr. 1950
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official and some property letters from Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, to Jardine Matheson, Chungking:
1. Semi-official letters nos 1-11 from D.F. Landale and J.J. Paterson to H.Y. Hsu and A. Wright, 22 October-27 December 1945.
2. Semi-official letters nos 12-20 from D.F. Landale to A. Wright, 2 February-27 February 1946. Letter no. 19 of 24 January 1946 encloses a letter from M.H. Lo, Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, to R.A. Wickerson, Custodian of Property, Hong Kong, 23 January 1946, regarding bristles for the Ministry of Supply.
3. Semi-official letters nos 1-25 from R. Gordon and D.F. Landale to W.J. Wu, 19 May-17 November 1949.
4. Semi-official letters nos 1-2 from D.F. Landale to W.J. Wu, 27 March-12 April 1950.
5. Property letters nos P.1-4 from R. Gordon to W.J. Wu, 10 September-8 November 1949.
- 22 Oct. 1945-12 Apr. 1950
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Copies
The copies of the letters belonging to Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, can be found in the following volumes: J1/117/2 (1945-1946), J1/117/5 (1949) and J1/132/3 (1950).
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org