Semi-official and other letters from Bombay and Calcutta to Hong Kong, 7 Nov. 1945-20 Dec. 1961
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official and other letters from Jardine, Matheson & Co. (India) Ltd, Jardine, Skinner & Co. and Jardine Henderson Ltd to Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong:
1. Semi-official letters nos 1-15 from H.H. Tod, Jardine, Matheson & Co. (India) Ltd, Bombay, to D.F. Landale and J.J. Paterson, 7 November 1945-14 March 1946, with enclosed letters and papers, including the balance sheet as at 28 February 1946, list of sundry debtors' balances and list of creditors as at 28 February 1946, and profit and loss account for the eleven months ending 28 February 1946 of Jardine, Matheson & Co. (India) Ltd. Some of the papers concerns the liquidation of Jardine, Matheson & Co. (India) Ltd in 1946.
2. A letter from A. Grieve, Jardine, Skinner & Co., Calcutta, to D.F. Landale, 11 Septemner 1946, and a reply from Landale to Grieve, 23 October 1946.
3. Seven letters from G.M. Mackinlay and J.V. Jardine Paterson, Jardine Henderson Ltd, Calcutta, to R. Gordon and J.H. Keswick, 19 March 1953-18 March 1955.
4. Private and confidential letters nos 7 and 21 from Sir J.D.K. Brown, Jardine Henderson Ltd, Calcutta, to H.D.M. Barton, 11 March 1961 and 20 December 1961.
- 7 Nov. 1945-20 Dec. 1961
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 15 September 2015.
- Barton, Hugh David MacEwen, 1911-1989 (businessman)
- Gordon, Robert, 1900-1965 (businessman)
- Jardine Henderson Ltd
- Jardine, Skinner and Co
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Landale, David Fortune, 1905-1970 (businessman)
- Paterson, John Johnstone, 1886-1971 (businessman)
- Paterson, Sir John Valentine Jardine, 1920-2000 (Knight, businessman)
- Tod, Henry Hector, b 1907 (businessman)
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org