Semi-official N.C. letters from Hong Kong to Singapore and Tokyo, 28 Mar. 1961-6 June 1961
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official N.C. letters from Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, to Jardine Matheson, Tokyo, and Jardine Waugh (Singapore) Ltd, with a few enclosed letters and papers, regarding Jardine Waugh Ltd's proposed involvement with the Nippon Coal Mining Co. Ltd in the mining of coal in Sarawak for consumption in Japan:
1. Nos 1-5 from H.D.M. Barton and M.A.R. Herries to G.Y. Matsumura, J.S. Riggs and E.F. Watts, Tokyo, 28 March-6 June 1961.
2. Nos 1-2 from, respectively, I.D. Bruce and H.D.M. Barton to L.E.C. Letts, Singapore, 26 April 1961 and 8 May 1961.
- 28 Mar. 1961-6 June 1961
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 volume(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 26 November 2014.
- Barton, Hugh David MacEwen, 1911-1989 (businessman)
- Bruce, Ian Denholm, 1912-1966 (businessman)
- Herries, Michael Alexander Robert Young-, 1923-1995 (Knight, businessman)
- Jardine Matheson Holdings (SEA) Ltd
- Letts, Lionel Edgar Charles, 1918-2013 (businessman)
- Matsumura, George Yukio, b 1913
- Riggs, John Sydney, b 1920 (businessman)
- Watts, Erik Francis, 1904-1984 (businessman)
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com