Semi-official correspondence between Hong Kong and Korea, 1956-1963 (1956, 1957, 1959 and 1963)
Scope and Contents
Semi-official correspondence between I.F. Aucott, H.D.M. Barton, D.I. Bosanquet, I.D. Bruce, D.C. Geddes, M.A.R. Herries, G.M.R. Pearson and E.F. Watts, Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, and F. Jolly (mainly) and D.B. Nelson, Jardine Matheson, Korea, with enclosed letters and papers, including monthly agency reports. The semi-official letters from Korea are originals; the semi-official letters from Hong Kong are copies.
- 1956-1963 (1956, 1957, 1959 and 1963)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
4 volume(s) (4 volumes)
Language of Materials
- Aucott, Ian Frank, 1916-1991 (businessman)
- Barton, Hugh David MacEwen, 1911-1989 (businessman)
- Bosanquet, David Ives, 1914-1988 (businessman)
- Bruce, Ian Denholm, 1912-1966 (businessman)
- Geddes, David Campbell, 1917-1995 (businessman)
- Herries, Michael Alexander Robert Young-, 1923-1995 (Knight, businessman)
- Jolly, Frederick, b 1907 (businessman)
- Nelson, Douglas Charles Berkeley, b 1917 (businessman)
- Pearson, George Matthew Raymond, b 1917 (businessman)
- Watts, Erik Francis, 1904-1984 (businessman)
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org